full or open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoei full face for me. Rode with a 3/4 for a lot of years on my old Venture. After getting used to being enclosed, I can't imagine going back. Love it now.

GP

There was a pretty cool looking radiograph image floating around not long ago of a motorcyclist's skull with a badly broken lower jaw and several facial fractures....

The absolute safest way to ride is not to ride at all.

IF you decide to ride and if you decide to wear a helmet, pick one that you WILL wear, one that will fit your style and is comfortable. Spend what you can afford. Regardless of the brand, whether it's DOT or Snell or both, or full coverage, open faced, half helmet or no helmet at all, your fate on two wheels will not be decided upon by what is on your head, but instead, how you use what is in your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the market for a new helmet, I currently own KBC's ffr modular. Which style do you prefer a full face or 3/4 open face w/shield? Your comments appreciated.
Full, when you Rob a bank they can't identify you only the helmet. :lol:

I have a Modular and a 3/4.

I like having the wind in my face with the 3/4,

but at times I like being about to shut everything out with the full face.

Full... Ya look dorky on one'a these with a 3/4 or half.Kinda like the dorks on cruisers with full face. Jus don't look right :dribble:

:jester:

Oh poo.... I wear a FF while riding my Harley...

but it's a bar hopper! A Softail Deuce....Not a real cruiser...sos I'm good!

Red bike, jeans and a bright blue/silver mesh jacket with a red/yellow Shoei....

Hey, at least I'm sorta visible.... B)

mary

Full, when you Rob a bank they can't identify you only the helmet. :lol:
I'm a small town guy, we don't spend a lot of time thinking about crime around here. I was in a hurry and ran into a convenience store in the Boston area with my full face on. Let's say the clerk got a little excited. :blink: Never occurred to me it would be problem.

IF you decide to ride and if you decide to wear a helmet, pick one that you WILL wear, one that will fit your style and is comfortable. Spend what you can afford. Regardless of the brand, whether it's DOT or Snell or both, or full coverage, open faced, half helmet or no helmet at all, your fate on two wheels will not be decided upon by what is on your head, but instead, how you use what is in your head.

Well Said Big D! It appears that the overwhelming majority of forum members favor a full-face helmet. However, if a FF helmet would just sit on your shelf and never get worn, it wont help you as must as a lesser helmet that DOES get worn.

And it would be much safer to stay off the bike, not leave the house, not eat anything that is supposedly bad for you.....

Well Said Big D! It appears that the overwhelming majority of forum members favor a full-face helmet. However, if a FF helmet would just sit on your shelf and never get worn, it wont help you as must as a lesser helmet that DOES get worn.

And it would be much safer to stay off the bike, not leave the house, not eat anything that is supposedly bad for you.....
And stay away from women. They will kill you but they take a long time to do it.

And stay away from women. They will kill you but they take a long time to do it.
AMEN BROTHER!!! :fan_1:

Full face helmet. Lots of excuses but no reasons not to wear one. Your face comprises a significant portion of your skull.

As for the recent addtional topic, despite now being thirteen years into my own never-ending divorce, I still like 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone own a Akuma helmet, I'm looking into buying their new carbon fiber helmet but I never heard of them before, just wondering if anyone has any info from owners.

Yeah, amen!

Full!

Check out the new Arai Corsair V. I bought two of them, one for me and one for the OL. Received a GREAT price of $500 each for them at 3D cycles in Bangor, ME.. Here's a link to their website:

https://www.3dcycles.net/

I had never worn a helmet in 32 years of riding street bikes but let me say my Arai Corsair V is so comfortable I don't mind using a full face now at all.

I've cut a hole in one of these with good success.

beerball.jpg