full or open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing a very disturbing picture on rotten.com a cpl of years back....

Not to get into any details, but lets just say the guy in the pic was either not wearing a helmet at all or just an open-faced one.

After seeing that, I'm full faced and full gear all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
FULL FACE for me, while racing I have felt my full face bouncing off the ground many times and never had a cut, that is till a brake lever went up under my shield and cut my forehead...so yes, lock the shield down...and I have seen my Uncles face with literally 50 or so small cuts from wearing an open face and crashing on a gravel road...not a pretty site and VERY painful !

FULL FACE for me, while racing I have felt my full face bouncing off the ground many times and never had a cut, that is till a brake lever went up under my shield and cut my forehead...so yes, lock the shield down...and I have seen my Uncles face with literally 50 or so small cuts from wearing an open face and crashing on a gravel road...not a pretty site and VERY painful !

nothing like teeth shattering as you hit the payment!!!!!