• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fuzeblocks FZ-1 Group Buy until April 22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings, just got word from Tony @ Cyclenutz, wiring harnesses got replenished today and everything is in stock; Everything going out Monday priority mail.

Yes the wiring harnesses are back in stock so, I ordered one to try and make it as easy as possible for me. Given my limited wiring skills. Wil I need a sodering iron for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday today or a week from today?
The deal was to ship them out next Monday as stated in GB. That being said since we hit 10 orders within 3 days he has begun shipment. yeah!

Blrfjt, you shouldn't need a soldering iron but a crimp tool and maybe a Posi-Lock if you have to splice to wires together the easy way. Posi-taps are included in the GB as well as the wiring kit you ordered. You'll be good to get the FZ-1 installed but perhaps you'll need to reroute some of your farkle wiring to the fuzeblock location necessitating either Posi-locks or a soldering iron, your choice.

Yea, that's where I was confused. But seeing my shipping confirmation sure answered that question in a hurry! Glad we are getting them a week early. I guess there really was demand. Usually I see group buys draaaaaag out. Glad we were able to get this one done in a hurry.

Monday today or a week from today?
The deal was to ship them out next Monday as stated in GB. That being said since we hit 10 orders within 3 days he has begun shipment. yeah!

Blrfjt, you shouldn't need a soldering iron but a crimp tool and maybe a Posi-Lock if you have to splice to wires together the easy way. Posi-taps are included in the GB as well as the wiring kit you ordered. You'll be good to get the FZ-1 installed but perhaps you'll need to reroute some of your farkle wiring to the fuzeblock location necessitating either Posi-locks or a soldering iron, your choice.
Thanks, I have a crimping tool but I dont have a soldering iron. I think i can do dis. :assassin:

It's funny. I couldn't buy my FZ-1 until I sold my FZ1. :D

It arrived at work yesterday after I'd left. So I opened my new box this morning and ran around showing it to my coworkers. Apparently none of them think it's as cool as I do. But that's ok, because none of them are as cool as I am. :D

I installed the fuzeblock today. It REALLY wasnt hard at all. Im glad I went ahead and bought the wiring harness. This was the first time I'd ever used a posi-tap before so I googled it so I could get a mental picture. I took some pics of the install if anyone wants to see them I can post 'em. Thanx again for the group buy.

Bryan

There's so many pics of folks fuzeblocks installs out there, and yet every one has a different location and different camera angles that I'm certain you can't have too many pics of it. Post away and let us see how you did.

I'm clear on the install - no problem there. What I am having difficulty with is running wires from the battery to the seat area, and power leads from the FZ-1 under the seat back up to the front for my seat heat controller and GPS. Where are the best routes for wires front to back? Major dis-assembly first?

thanks!

Split plastic wire loom, install all wires ahead of time (plus a marked spare or two) tilt up fuel tank (FJR Tech, block of wood works too), route wire loom down right side of tank following frame contour, enter seat area under rear fuel tank bracket. I always measure twice, cut once, but sometimes still manage to screw it up!

Perfect - thank you. Now I have the power leads and control cables all routed and tank and trim panels all reinstalled. Good Sunday afternoon project. Next task is to find place to tap in to an accessory line to grab a switched power trigger line. I've seen people refer to the blue lamp wire as a good source, but guess that this requires cuttling into the soft "conduit" to find a suitable location to splice in.

Split plastic wire loom, install all wires ahead of time (plus a marked spare or two) tilt up fuel tank (FJR Tech, block of wood works too), route wire loom down right side of tank following frame contour, enter seat area under rear fuel tank bracket. I always measure twice, cut once, but sometimes still manage to screw it up!

Perfect - thank you. Now I have the power leads and control cables all routed and tank and trim panels all reinstalled. Good Sunday afternoon project. Next task is to find place to tap in to an accessory line to grab a switched power trigger line. I've seen people refer to the blue lamp wire as a good source, but guess that this requires cuttling into the soft "conduit" to find a suitable location to splice in.

once you find the plug for disabling the windshield auto retract under the dash between the headlight bulbs, you can test for the hot lead on the power side and positap in easily. I ran a longish (uniquely colored) wire out from that positap and then positap into that for any needed switched power. Works well for me.

posi-lock_6.jpg