Fz1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted the FZ1 mirrors last week. I noticed that the rubber flange that goes between the mirror stalk and the fairing doesn't sit flush. Did I do something wrong or it is supposed to be that way? Maybe I pinched the thing when I torqued it down?

MO

Anybody have a picture of an FJR with FZ1 mirrors they are willing to post? Would really like to see it.

Here ya go

LH side of picture, FZ1 mirror

RH side FJR stock mirror

lavori_fjr_003.jpg

Stef

I bought the "sushi junk" as well and yes the quality is exactly that, junk. After installing I tried to swivel one mirror in and it flopped over like a lop-eared bunny. The supplier did me right and replaced it but If I had to do it over again I would spend the extra cash for a quality set.

Vibration is not an issue, much improved line of sight to the rear.

:blink:

Okay, I broke down and bought the "genuine yamaha" mirrors, I was looking at them and it doesn't seem that there is anything to their install other then removing the dash panels unbolting the stock mirrors and then bolting on the FZ1 mirrors. This seems way to easy, am I missing anything?

Tim

:assasin: <--I just liked this guy....

You're right. I busted my right side mirror and you take off the two black panels, two bolts, and Bob's your uncle! Not hard at all.

I mounted the FZ1 mirrors last week. I noticed that the rubber flange that goes between the mirror stalk and the fairing doesn't sit flush. Did I do something wrong or it is supposed to be that way? Maybe I pinched the thing when I torqued it down?MO
No, the lower edge on my FZ1 mirrors don't sit perfectly flush with the fairing either.

It's funny that no one has replied to you earlier. Did we do something wrong? :)

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I was wondering about the lack of replies also. I just ASSumed that either nobody knew or everyone had the same experience. Thanks for the reply, i feel better now.

mo

Just curious where everyone got their FZ1 mirrors from (if not directly from the dealer). I found THIS SITE for FZ1 mirrors and thought the $30.69/ea price was pretty reasonable.

1. Is this the "Sushi Junk" a couple of folks referred to?

2. Has anyone ordered these with good results?

3. What's the approx. price for factory mirrors.

TIA for any assistance...

Just curious where everyone got their FZ1 mirrors from (if not directly from the dealer). I found THIS SITE for FZ1 mirrors and thought the $30.69/ea price was pretty reasonable.
don't waste your hard earned dollars. like I stated earlier in this thread I had a problem with the 'sushi junk' and just last week I had the other side mirror fail at the pivot joint. they did not last more than three months.

Buy the genuine product from Yamaha, I wish I did.

@ SoCalMike

I ordered mine from University Motors and after the FJRforum discount they were about $40 ea.

You may want to check with your local dealer and ask them how much they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto. I got mine from Gary at University. I think the pair were $88 shipped to my house in WA although I think others may have gotten a slightly better price. These are the Yammy OEM mirrors.

Cheers,

Jim

SOCalMike,

Definately go with University motors. I purchased mine before I read all of the threads regarding the pricing experienced by others. I ordered a pair from the local "stealer" for $120 + tax OUCH! Stupidity hurts the kids college fund I guess.

mo

I got the OEM FZ1 mirrors last week and installed them. Man, they are the best thing since sliced bread. I can finally see behind me without twisting my body. :clap:

I got a set of Ebay Emgos. The only complaint is that the left one doesn't stay tucked when I need it to for lane splitting. I tapped a minivan's mirror with it one day. Embarrassing. :blushing: