G2 Throttle Tube

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone as tried one of these throttle tubes (delrin bushing type). If so is it worth the extra $20?????

I think I will be buying a throttle tube soon and wanted some input on this if anyone has tried one.

Click Here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bite.

I will most likely order and try. My FJR eats dust daily and I'm continually (every 9 weeks or so) having to clean the throttle tube to get 'precise' throttle control.

This upgrade makes theoretical sense to me.

Send me money now so I can test. :rolleyes:

G2 is a great product. I own one.

However, I found that if you have one around for a pattern, about 15 minutes with the Dremel and X-Acto blade, and your stock nylon tube can have the same cam effect.

I wouldn't mind spending $30 or so to replace my G2 tube itself and re-use the removeable cable cam section. Wonder if they will indulge that option anytime soon?

I was the guy that asked them to add the Delrin option, so I think I've got the first set showing up in the mail as soon as they've actually got them built.

Like I said then, I think that sport-tour bikes probably see just as many horrible conditions as a dirtbike does (and probably get washed less). Everything G2Ergos said about the Delrin option on dirt makes a lot of sense for the FJR in my opinion.

Some people say the '08's have an upgraded throttle tube, restoring the positive throttle feel of the Gen I models. If so, does that mean the '08 throttle tube could be a less expensive alternative to the G2? I'm just asking...

dbx

I believe the change was made where the cables attach to the throttle bodies(?) not at the tube itself.

The G2 was designed to counter the effect made where the cables attached to the bodies (if this is the correct term) on the first two years of GenII production.

I'd bet the tube is the same one they always used.

I just installed the G2 tube on my 07. I chose the Delrin type and the twisting force is significantly reduced. The installation is a snap. I had replacement grips on hand just in case, but was able to R&R the grip with compressed air no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
G2 didn't even give me the courtesy of answering my email when I asked about possible discount for those that have the early version like I do . . . .

G2 didn't even give me the courtesy of answering my email when I asked about possible discount for those that have the early version like I do . . . .

Give them another chance. I contacted them a few weeks ago with questions and they got back to me right away - on Sunday night. I ordered the Delrin and was promptly notified that they were backordered for 1 week. I got another email telling me it shipped on the backorder date promised. Now to just find time to install.

Best

I'm not ready to lay out around $80 unless I get someone to buy my "almost new" (ya that's the ticket) G2 that doesn't have the bushings. I'm sure they make a big difference in smoothness and you won't have to clean the crap out near as much.

Either way, the FJR Forum discount applies. In stock and ready to ship.
I have an '07 AE with the heated grips.... can that be removed from the old tube and used on the G2? Do you have any fatter than stock grips that can be used with the grip heater and G2? About the size of the Kuryakyn ISO grips..

Hamie

I have an '07 AE with the heated grips.... can that be removed from the old tube and used on the G2? Do you have any fatter than stock grips that can be used with the grip heater and G2? About the size of the Kuryakyn ISO grips..

Hamie
I am using the G2 on my '07 AE. Works fine w/ heated grips. I also use Grip puppies for "fatter" grips.

Mike

Hamie
I have many AE customers that have done this. A little more work but I have not heard of a failure. I do not carry aftermarket grips.

Hamie
I am using the G2 on my '07 AE. Works fine w/ heated grips. I also use Grip puppies for "fatter" grips.

Mike
I put some Grip Puppies on last night and put over 100 miles on today... fingers were numb.. so going to have to try something else.. did you have any trouble putting on the G2? Know anyone that has used the Kuryakyn ISO grips on an FJR?

Hamie

Hamie

Mike
I put some Grip Puppies on last night and put over 100 miles on today... fingers were numb.. so going to have to try something else.. did you have any trouble putting on the G2? Know anyone that has used the Kuryakyn ISO grips on an FJR?

Hamie
Hamie,

You may want to try a Cramp Buster. 10ish $$ . You can find them at, Whitehorse Press.