Ga. FJR Rally, TWO, Suches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to unpacking the bike & downloading the pictures I took.

1,923 miles over the three days & the weather could not have been better.

It was great seeing some old friends & making some new ones.

gt-4.jpg

Jason, Dom, & I stopped at the overlook at the north end of the Dragon to let a group in front of us get a gap, so that we might be able to get a clean run.

gt-5.jpg

Jason, Dom, & I are photos 481-495 from 129 photos

I think we only had to wait for one bike that waved us by & a car that pulled over for us, the rest of the time we able to ride our pace. Dom & Jason both said we were very lucky because it’s normally impossible to run the Dragon that cleanly on a Friday. No LEO sightings either, I was worried about that after everything I’ve read online; it must have been my lucky day! :yahoo:

gt-1.jpg

Mandatory Dragon rookie photo;

gt-2.jpg

Here is Dom’s idea of a great north Georgia road;

gt-20.jpg

Do you hear Banjos?

gt-19.jpg

Photo op w/HaulinAshe

gt-13.jpg

gt-14.jpg

Here is Jeff repairing his PR2 after a puncture. It went flat fast, but he is a very good rider & got the bike stopped safely. He was also very well prepared & had everything he needed to make the repair & be back on the road in no time.

gt-12.jpg

On our hike up the narrow trail to the top of Brasstown Bald Mountain, I kept telling myself; “This better be worth the effort!” it was;

gt-7.jpg

gt-8.jpg

gt-9.jpg

gt-10.jpg

gt-11.jpg

After a nice dinner at T.W.O. & meeting some of the North Georgia group, we spent the night at the Ashe family mountain cabin; you won’t find this place on a map, but it's the perfect place to get away from it all.

Jeff told me one of the funniest stories I’ve ever heard. It involved construction at the cabin & dynamite, it’s a classic, but he needs to be the one telling it.

gt-24.jpg

gt-23.jpg

Jeff also mapped out a great route north for me going home on Sunday.

Rt. 19W at the North Carolina/Tennessee border is a great road & I also went through Shady Valley.

gt-21.jpg

gt-22.jpg

Special Thanks to Jason, Jeff, & Dom for leading me around for a couple of days & all of the hospitality.

It was a great trip & I’ll be going back. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mannnn...I gotta go to this next year! :clapping:

Looks like it was a fantastic time. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom...you actually took pictures? You are turning into quite the tourist. Great pics, looks like you all had a great time :clapping: :cigar:

Tom...you actually took pictures? You are turning into quite the tourist. Great pics, looks like you all had a great time :clapping: :cigar:

Jason & Dom’s wives joined us for a while on Saturday afternoon, that is when most of the sight seeing & picture taking was done.

Believe me; following Dom, Jason, or Jeff through the mountains is as far from “Tourist” as you can get. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There was nothing touristy about it. We did stop a few times to do a little casual walk up Brasstown Bald, and we stopped at the Gorge to snap a pic of DragginAshe making eyes at the cider... but we put down some miles all weekend, and Tom was actually SMILING at the end of our route on Saturday morning. He didn't even flinch when I went hauling ass by him in 3rd gear on a gravel road.

Great pics, Tom.

BTW: that picture of Jeff is actually NOT him fixing a flat. he's trying to wedge some C4 in there to get the %^&*%&$ PR2 off his rim. He figured riding on the rim was better than on those Michelins. :D

There was nothing touristy about it. We did stop a few times to do a little casual walk up Brasstown Bald, and we stopped at the Gorge to snap a pic of DragginAshe making eyes at the cider... but we put down some miles all weekend, and Tom was actually SMILING at the end of our route on Saturday morning. He didn't even flinch when I went hauling ass by him in 3rd gear on a gravel road.
Great pics, Tom.

BTW: that picture of Jeff is actually NOT him fixing a flat. he's trying to wedge some C4 in there to get the %^&*%&$ PR2 off his rim. He figured riding on the rim was better than on those Michelins. :D

Why...was Jeff not able to keep up on the PR2s?

:lol: