Ga. FJR Rally, TWO, Suches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EODSarge

Reaction score
Fresh pics from the rally, straight out of the camera. My memory for names stinks on ice, so someone fill in the captions:

Friday afternoon, folks trickling in:

gfjr08-1.jpg

gfjr08-2.jpg

The blue twins:

gfjr08-6.jpg

What tha....

gfjr08-7.jpg

Friday night:

gfjr08-3.jpg

gfjr08-4.jpg

gfjr08-5.jpg

Prepping for the ride Saturday:

gfjr08-8.jpg

gfjr08-9.jpg

gfjr08-10.jpg

gfjr08-11.jpg

gfjr08-12.jpg

gfjr08-13.jpg

Stopped for gas at Warwoman Road:

gfjr08-14.jpg

gfjr08-15.jpg

gfjr08-16.jpg

gfjr08-17.jpg

gfjr08-18.jpg

gfjr08-19.jpg

gfjr08-20.jpg

gfjr08-21.jpg

On the road:

gfjr08-22.jpg

gfjr08-23.jpg

Lunch at Cashiers:

gfjr08-24.jpg

"So I was passing on the double yellow in a blind curve at 106..."

gfjr08-25.jpg

gfjr08-26.jpg

gfjr08-28.jpg

"And the award for worst tire goes to...."

gfjr08-27.jpg

Great pics E...would've loved to have been there with ya but I don't get my '08 `til next week. I'll have to catch up to y'all at a later date.

Can you provide vital stats like numbers attending, miles logged, beers drained, lies told, etc?

VP

What was my wife showing you guys? She says it was her "IPOD". I've never heard her call it that. :dribble:
"iPodS"; they're sold in pairs. :rolleyes:

That's a photo begging for word balloons.

heh heh, I said "balloons"

BWAAAAAAA! That's funny right there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. I had to add a few to my personal collection......especially this one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey did you get a shot of Jeff Ashe fixing his flat tire on the side of the road when you went by? :lol:

I'm terrible at remembering names also.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Great pictures Ed, I' m glad someone got some. I came home with I think about seven total and none as good as yours.

As far as how many beers were consumed this weekend, let's just say plenty!

And Ed I'm glad you made it home on that tire.

Hey, cool pics, man! I recognize a couple of those faces/bald heads from EOM.

Looks like you guys had a good time!!!

Wish that I was there.

PS... the pic of the fire w/ the sparks trailing off... how did you take that? slow shutter speed or something?

You know, I didn't even notice Ashe when we passed... I think I was too busy trying to keep up! :grin:

The night pics ranged from half a second exposure to almost two seconds at 3200 ISO... shrink up in the chair, tuck in the arms, hold the breath, and pray.

Here's some pictures from the weekend:

This is our crew pretty winded from climbing Brasstown Bald

NGARider, Mrs NGARider, Tstaff and HaulinAshe

NorthGeorgia2.jpg

NGARider and his better half (way better half)

NorthGeorgia4.jpg

HaulinAshe telling us some funny childhood stories about the area

NorthGeorgia3.jpg

Tstaff giving the TWN salute

NorthGeorgia5.jpg

Thought I would add just a few more pics from our great weekend

Loaded down for my first camping trip on the FJR

Rally007.jpg

Friday night by the fire.... I think someone was watching over us

Rally001.jpg

Short break

Rally002.jpg

Another lunch shot

Rally005.jpg

It was good meeting everyone again and some for the first time at TWO. I'm lucky enough to have a landing spot less than one hour from there (at least until my brother bulldozes it!).

I found out how everyone truly feels about me, as they rode past me sitting on the ground behind my flat tire. Never slowed down or even beeped a horn. I at least expected a little circling and jeering while pushing that string plug into the tire. It'll be my turn next time. :)

I actually stopped several times to take pics and here's the proof.

We visited Brasstown Bald in NorthGA. Big brownie points with the ladies and one of the most incredible views you will ever see in the southeast.

Oct08BrasstownBald.jpg

Walking among the spirits down the hiking trail from atop Brasstown. Definitely my best side.

Oct08WalkingAmongSpirits.jpg

Sharing some cider with TStaff.

Oct08TStaffHaulinAshe.jpg

A quick stop just before the BRP along Hwy-215.

Oct08Hwy-215Rocks.jpg

I found out how everyone truly feels about me, as they rode past me sitting on the ground behind my flat tire. Never slowed down or even beeped a horn. I at least expected a little circling and jeering while pushing that string plug into the tire. It'll be my turn next time. :)
Sorry about that! I think you better blame "Gas Port Rider" for that one, we were just following him.

Sorry about that! I think you better blame "Gas Port Rider" for that one, we were just following him.

Damn! I looked HARD for a sign of needing help. All I got was friendly waves from your buddies. They were having a hell of a good time watching you work. Besides, we were rolllllling down hill and I didn't know if the herd would stop for howdies. At the Clayton gas stop, there were complaints of being worn out and being ready for toddies. I had to keep the threatened mutiny to a mild roar!

GAsportrider