Garage Organisation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Guys I would like to see how you are organized in your garage.

:)

Please post pics !

We could exchange ideas !!!! :yahoo:

Too cluttered to post embarrasing photos, so I'll just describe. (actually, I can't figure out how to post photos on this board...)

My toy box is 26' deep X 30' wide, (780 sq.') w/ 9' ceiling.

600 watt Sony sound system w/ speakers up high in each corner. (the neighbors don't need there own, they can hear mine! heh, heh, heh. :p

Satellite TV just below right rear speaker.

Two ceiling fans.

(gotta have the important stuff)

No-Mar tire changer in right rear corner.

16' of kitchen counter top along back wall used as work bench/junk holder/vise mount/drill press stand/cordless tool chargers, etc.

Various shelves here, there, and everywhere.

42" wide staircase leads to 2nd floor (480 sq.') where more junk, errr, I mean, seldom used tools are stored.

Drain in center of floor allows for 'indoor' bike/car washing.

And the best part is, I built the entire thing myself -the way I wanted it. It took me nearly a full year, but I gotter dun!

Seriously, back when I worked for Pratt & Whitney, they beat us senseless about keeping the workplace clean, and devising ever improved ways of organizing the workspace. I used that same theme in my garage to get everything I could up off of the floor. Keeping items off the floor make for less clutter, less trip hazards, easier to sweep, easier to find things.

Does this help, or hurt?

be nice to have a garage to organize

although if all goes as planned, will be built in coming months

Too cluttered to post embarrasing photos, so I'll just describe. (actually, I can't figure out how to post photos on this board...)

600 watt Sony sound system w/ speakers up high in each corner. (the neighbors don't need there own, they can hear mine! heh, heh, heh. :p

Two ceiling fans.

16' of kitchen counter top along back wall used as work bench/junk holder/vise mount/drill press stand/cordless tool chargers, etc.

42" wide staircase leads to 2nd floor (480 sq.') where more junk, errr, I mean, seldom used tools are stored.

And the best part is, I built the entire thing myself -the way I wanted it. It took me nearly a full year, but I gotter dun!

Seriously, back when I worked for Pratt & Whitney, they beat us senseless about keeping the workplace clean, and devising ever improved ways of organizing the workspace. I used that same theme in my garage to get everything I could up off of the floor. Keeping items off the floor make for less clutter, less trip hazards, easier to sweep, easier to find things.

Does this help, or hurt?
WE NEED PICTURES :clapping:

Ah if it was only that simple plazma... We'd all have organized Garages or at least Clean joints to stash our toys.

I built a new one this summer (after converting the smaller one into living space) just knowing all that added space would allow for less clutter. Well now all I have is a bigger space to keep organized :blink: Then again I just finished building before the weater closed in so I didn' t get any time to organize before having to cram shit into it. Maybe next summer :lol:

enlist in some reliable help if your planning on building it yourself, it's really alot easier that way

:jester:

Note first line. When I click the icon for "insert images", I get a popup box asking for a URL. That would imply to me that all the photos stored on my harddrive would have to posted to a website. Is that correct?

Note first line. When I click the icon for "insert images", I get a popup box asking for a URL. That would imply to me that all the photos stored on my harddrive would have to posted to a website. Is that correct?
Correct. Save your fotos to anyone of the numerous foto sites then link them to here. Damn, I'm so old I can't remember where my fotos are stored.. Ehh... grannyAri, got anymore of dem knittin' needles? Oh, now I remember, like photbucket.com or whatever...

Two ceiling fans.

Does this help, or hurt?
I'll borrow a digital camera this weekend then post up... my shop is modest, but what the hell.. at least it's clean and organized and well lit and has TV and Stereo and beer fridge, ok, cooler, but damn it's 18F in AM now.. you get the idea. Of course, then again.. you see, I'm not a city slicker... I'm the country cousin.. so what's 'clean, organized, and well lit' may mean something different to me than you.. For example, I have a Coleman lantern that hangs from a hook in the center of the shop. That's my light. My beer fridge is the cold nights. Summer out here sucks.. unless you like English warm beer. Organized? I let gravity take care of that..once on the ground, there is no more potential energy to spend, right? Oh, and the stereo? That's my neighbors fiddling the theme song from 'Deliverance'.. pix to follow.. :blink:

This is my shop.
th_trailershop011.jpg
th_trailershop009.jpg
th_trailershop008.jpg
th_trailershop004.jpg
th_trailershop005.jpg
th_trailershop001.jpg
th_trailershop002.jpg

Double attached Garage, In floor heating, Stereo, a few chairs for Buddies, and the occasional jar of Rye.

MyShopSept06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Double attached Garage, In floor heating, Stereo, a few chairs for Buddies, and the occasional jar of Rye.

MyShopSept06.jpg

Very well organised, nice to see that you do RC flying also.

Have myself two helicopters and 3 planes,

Now I need more time for riding & flying :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pic, I will show my wife that I am not so bad... :)