Garauld is good for a Threesome

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
Aug2104.jpg
Aug2105.jpg

Aug2102.jpg
Aug2101.jpg

Aug2103.jpg

I recieved my rack and re-painted to match Fastbag from Garauld today. Sorry the pics are dark we are having a heavy thunderstorm at the moment.

Garauld made me a rack with a Corbin post receiver, for when 2 up and not traveling. and I am fitting the Fastbag over the post to be used as a backrest/topcase when traveling one or two up. We (Garauld and myself) had doubts if this would work as I was trying to convey my ideas and measurements from over 1000 miles away. It looks like It will be great with a little tweeking to mount the bag. I can't think of anything better to do when raining.

This rack made three folks happy, me, my wife, and Garauld as that is one less rack to do now :lol:

For an update on my highway peg. Still working on it. Finally got a drill and tap to fit. $40 each. When I'm done, I'll at least be able to save ya'll some research money and tell you what to get. (or maybe I'll become a vendor ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Fencer. Particularly the wide backrest. My wife would be pleased with one like that.

Kewel. Make sure you bring that tail bag on our next run. I gotta see that thing live and in technicolor.

I am still crying in my milk! You have your bike and all kind of stuff and I am a long way from getting mine and further every day. You will beat me to the offical Iron Butt thing but I might try and keep up on the old Bandit.

Aug2104.jpg
Aug2105.jpg
Aug2102.jpg
Aug2101.jpg

Aug2103.jpg

I recieved my rack and re-painted to match Fastbag from Garauld today. Sorry the pics are dark we are having a heavy thunderstorm at the moment.

Garauld made me a rack with a Corbin post receiver, for when 2 up and not traveling. and I am fitting the Fastbag over the post to be used as a backrest/topcase when traveling one or two up. We (Garauld and myself) had doubts if this would work as I was trying to convey my ideas and measurements from over 1000 miles away. It looks like It will be great with a little tweeking to mount the bag. I can't think of anything better to do when raining.

This rack made three folks happy, me, my wife, and Garauld as that is one less rack to do now :lol:

For an update on my highway peg. Still working on it. Finally got a drill and tap to fit. $40 each. When I'm done, I'll at least be able to save ya'll some research money and tell you what to get. (or maybe I'll become a vendor ;) )
i also use a fastbag at times on my FJR. Are you using the Fastbag straps to attach to the rack, just curious, pic does not show them that I can see.

ok how did you get the post under the fast bag without cutting the bag up is the bottom soft or what ???

i also use a fastbag at times on my FJR. Are you using the Fastbag straps to attach to the rack, just curious, pic does not show them that I can see.
In The pic the bag is just resting on the rack. I plan on drilling and tapping the gussets Garauld installed on the rack so I can screw it down for a more secure backrest for my wife. I also know an aluminum fabricator here I will ask to cut a sheet of thin alum to fit in the bottom of the bag so when I drill & tap I will sandwich the plate to the rack for security and safety. The straps will only be used to compress cargo.

ok how did you get the post under the fast bag without cutting the bag up is the bottom soft or what ???
I did cut through and (wife) re-sew the canvas bottom of the bag to fit like a glove over the post. The bag also comes with a thin piece of plastic that acts as a bottom board to stiffen it up. I will replace the plastic with the above mentioed alum sheet.

Wow! I just saw this post on the Fastbag. I surmise that it holds 'Way' more than the Yami tour topbox? I am going to do the 'Run For The Wall' coming up on May 18th 2011 and this would look so much better. Are the compressable sections waterproof/resistant?

This is a really old thread, you need to ping Fencer via PM to get his input. Kevin's Fastbag is the 20-60 liter model. You will need to use the Rain Protector for best weatherproofing. A standard Fastbag comes with straps to hold it on, Kevin modified his FB to mount semi-permanent on a plate. IIRC, the FB runs around $350 USD.

One of the guys I rode with wrote this evaluation (also a long time ago). Review

wow...people have been digging into the Forum basement lately for those old but "must have" threads. But FIVE years and the statute of limitations has not expired so it's all good...

...especially if it comes from Garauld. That guy deserves all the business he can get. Top Shelf.

wow...people have been digging into the Forum basement lately for those old but "must have" threads. But FIVE years and the statute of limitations has not expired so it's all good...
I think it's great that this new wave of Forumites have either taken the time to dig or have searched :wub: to find these moldy-oldies err, golden-oldies. They just need to be cognizant that they have found fossils and they are necormancers.

I think it's great that this new wave of Forumites have either taken the time to dig or have searched :wub: to find these moldy-oldies err, golden-oldies. They just need to be cognizant that they have found fossils and they are necromancers.
You are right Alan, they search better than I do. I usually just ring up the Ionbeam bat phone. :)

Thanks ionbeam, I actually stumbled on the post while sifting through all the 'Goodies' that are posted on here. I am just going to keep with the Hard & Soft luggage I already own and have invested in so. The $$ I'll save will be spent on a suspension rebuild by Cogent Dynamics in Fletcher, N.C. before I venture into the Smokey Mts. and tackle the 'Tail Of The Dragon' and the other related roads that I've been drooling about in that area. I will be heading up to your neck of the woods after I leave D.C., to visit friends I have in Mass., N.H. & Maine. Thanks for standing the watch over the forums and helping us 'Newbies" out. Ken :bike: