Garmin 2730 Installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without seeing the back of your enclosure, does it accomodate the sensor for auto screen brightness?
BTW the 2730 is easy to navigate with, especially when you install the latest software from Garmin.
No, it does not. I will have to use manual brightness.

The latest software from Garmin??? I just got this. Which software are you referring to?
Beta version 4.54

So after the added holes in your mount, did you fix it with some "mountain anodize" AKA a black sharpie pen? :D

Without seeing the back of your enclosure, does it accomodate the sensor for auto screen brightness?
BTW the 2730 is easy to navigate with, especially when you install the latest software from Garmin.
No, it does not. I will have to use manual brightness.

The latest software from Garmin??? I just got this. Which software are you referring to?
Beta version 4.54
What were the noticeable changes?

So after the added holes in your mount, did you fix it with some "mountain anodize" AKA a black sharpie pen? :D
The Gadget Guy did it, and I don't know what he used. I can't see any visible problems. He is, after all, a perfectionist!

Here is a great forum GPS forum for the gps questions. Click on the link; go to forums; then scroll down to 26xx 27xx topic. Most, if not all, of these questions have been answered and discussed.

That's a real cockpit you got going there. Have you heard of the Garmin "nuvi"? Just had a friend stop by on his harley and he had one. About the size of a pack of cards and lots of bells and whistles. Touch screen. Would fit easily in the map holder on a tank bag and it can be hooked into a Starcom. Any dates yet???

jj

That's a real cockpit you got going there. Have you heard of the Garmin "nuvi"? Just had a friend stop by on his harley and he had one. About the size of a pack of cards and lots of bells and whistles. Touch screen. Would fit easily in the map holder on a tank bag and it can be hooked into a Starcom. Any dates yet???jj
The Garmin Nuvi is shipping now, but is only available for the European market.

BE,

Nice set-up. My first FJR is due in April and I'm beginning to acquire my farkles. I'd like to confirm a couple of items with your rig;

1- You're using Starcom Advance.

2- V1 wired thru Starcom.

3- 2730 wired thru Starcom.

4- Do you have an MP3 ( iPod ) connected? If not, is it possible?

How does it sound & perform at speeds? Also, what are you using for bike-to-bike radio?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

BE,
Nice set-up. My first FJR is due in April and I'm beginning to acquire my farkles. I'd like to confirm a couple of items with your rig;

4- Do you have an MP3 ( iPod ) connected? If not, is it possible?

How does it sound & perform at speeds? Also, what are you using for bike-to-bike radio?

1. Yes, Starcom Advance.

2. V1 goes to Starcom.

3. Yes, the 2730 as well.

4. The 2730 has a built in MP3 player and XM radio. I am useing all of the features, including turn by turn instructions from the Garmin.

5. Sounds good. I use earplugs and if I don't roll them up too much and stick in so far they protrude into my throat, the volume is good.

6. Bike to bike is, so far, my Motorola and another forum member's Cobra.

7. You didn't ask, but my cell phone is attached as well. Works great.

BE,
Nice set-up.  My first FJR is due in April and I'm beginning to acquire my farkles.  I'd like to confirm a couple of items with your rig;

4- Do you have an MP3 ( iPod ) connected?  If not, is it possible?

How does it sound & perform at speeds?  Also, what are you using for bike-to-bike radio? 

1. Yes, Starcom Advance.

2. V1 goes to Starcom.

3. Yes, the 2730 as well.

4. The 2730 has a built in MP3 player and XM radio. I am useing all of the features, including turn by turn instructions from the Garmin.

5. Sounds good. I use earplugs and if I don't roll them up too much and stick in so far they protrude into my throat, the volume is good.

6. Bike to bike is, so far, my Motorola and another forum member's Cobra.

7. You didn't ask, but my cell phone is attached as well. Works great.
7 - Damn it.........I knew I forgot something.

Thanks for the info, I'll assume that with the correct phone, you can place and receive a call hands-free.

Thanks again,