Gerbing Hybrid - Comments please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
I need your advices, I am looking to buy a pair of heated gloves, still cold down here, I have the heated grips, but it is not enought.

Went on the website of Gerbing and I saw that they have a new pair, the Hybrid !

Is this a good choice ?

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
I need your advices, I am looking to buy a pair of heated gloves, still cold down here, I have the heated grips, but it is not enought.
Went on the website of Gerbing and I saw that they have a new pair, the Hybrid !

Is this a good choice ?

Thanks !
Why the hybrid gloves? At $280 I would think there are better choices. The battery power feature seems a bit redundant since on the bike you have access to power. Are you using the Vstrom handguards? Wind protection would go along way to allow the heated grips to do their job. I would think you might want to try spending the $50 or so on the handguards first and then maybe a $130-$180 pair of electric gloves like the T5, the G3 or the Firstgear/Warm'n'Safe that offer good dexterity with adequate heat and insulation. There are also some new gloves that are designed specifically to work well with heated grips. There were some write ups on webbikeworld.com

I bought a pair of Harley Davidson battery powered heated leather gloves, which are made my Gerbing (best price found at st paul harley). Even with heated grips and Vstrom handguards, I still had cold hand problems due to my raynaud's syndrom. The gloves work very good, but range is limited to an hour at full power. My commute is less than that, so no problem there.

If I was riding longer distances in cold weather, I'd definitely want plug in type gloves. But I wanted gloves for more than just riding, so the battery powered set was the way to go. Winter walks with the dog, plowing snow or other outside work in the winter is a pleasure with these gloves on. If these new ones were available at the time, I'd have gotten them for the best of both worlds in one glove.

The Gerbing Hybrid Heated Gloves look pretty good to me. Versatile, with batteries and direct connect to bike. I'd like a pair for snow shoveling please! Too much $$$ for me. Group buy?

FJJ'sR

I have the Orignal, big puffy leather Gerbings. Like the G5's only all leather. They are a few years old. They are very warm and toasty but a tad too large and make your hands tired after a few hours of use. They are also big enough that I probably couldn't 'work' in them. So I'd definitely try the hybrids on.

But I love the idea of having some that are more versatile.

-MD