Getting closer...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

The Endless Font of Useless Knowledge...
Reaction score
The calendar notice for WFO finally hit the "inside 15 days" window at the bottom of the main Forum screen...! :yahoo:

Was at my riding buddy's house tonight, we were doing the general plan for the trip to WFO from Philadelphia & Wilmington. I said general plan because we've done some serious distances before, & have found out that we enjoy rides the most when we have a destination & not too much else cluttering our brains at takeoff time.

The route out to the West is mostly slab out to Colorado Rockies, then we'll play it by ear from there.

We were going to do Yellowstone but my bud for some reason has the 'coast to coast' idea on his mind, which is OK by me. It'll be fun to dip toe into the pacific while riding up the coast highway above 'Frisco (another part of the 'general plan')

Can't wait !

We're bringing the camping gear JustInCase.

I'm just going with a spare pair of underwear....if and when I go. Why the camping gear? Why don't you just drive an rv there?

Can't wait boys!!! 2 weeks from tomorrow! :hyper:

Everyone ride safe on the way there!!

Have a safe flight, fjrchik. Maybe I will disable the autopilot on your flight so the pilot has to fly the whole trip with his hands. Have a nice "ride".

Why, Groo? What's the road ever done to you? :dntknw:
I'm gonna beat that beeotch into submission for all the mishaps that have been happening to our motorcycle bretheren lately. All 2500+ miles to Reno. I may not win, but I won't lose either.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, like, if i all a sudden decided to do whidbey to reno, since hol is working so much i never see her anyway, and assuming i could find myself a room or a roomie, and assuming my butt didn't become completely paralyzed and stuff. could a person still get in? we doan need no steenkin teee-shirt, but it would be nice to eat and drink and ride wich y'all. still a spot near the rear for old guys?

i'm gettin kinda jazzed up reading everybody's posts, and maybe could get some miles on the ODO. or this could be just gas from the pizza.

curious. (not about the gas. or the pizza). anybody doing a 3 day from seattle-ish? got about a 300 mile back....

shu

There's a couple of posts up for peeps who have rooms looking for roomies (someone said that there are still 80 buck-a-night rooms available) and I hear that the organizers will take wads of 20's from stragglers, too. You'd be best to PM one of 'em.

I'd bite on this but, they are all non-smoking rooms. Damn pansies. I thought all you old guys still smoked?

I've got a smoking room......... :smokin: :smokin: (That should be :lameasssmokingsmiley:, what happened to the guy with the hat? :angry2: )

And Rad as a roomie............ :( :( .......... :D :p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Still don't have a room and don't care. Talked to the boss today....told him of my plans...I'm going to reno....If I have to stay at a brothel...so be it. Otherwise, after that....minneapolis, madison, tulsa..then back home....dfw.

Latest posts