Givi Case, anything I should consider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do decide on the V46, be aware there is a Yamaha Givi 46 with Yammy decals made for the scooter line. Looks great, has nice red lenses, but is all black grained plastic (bet you could sand and paint it if you tried). Part number is 46L-W0754-00 and is half the price of a Givi. You still need to buy a mount though.
See this thread for more interesting info.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry641565
Very nice ! :)

46L-W0754-00-00_l.jpg
https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/ima...754-00-00_l.jpg
Pierre,

This case was discussed earlier. It was determined that it is made by GIVI but is not a monolock case, but rather a monokey case, like they make for scooters. The monokeys are a lighter weight construction. You really can't compare it to a V46 which is monokey.

You can tell that it is monolock by looking at the mounting plate. The mounting system is different and also may not be quite as robust. But the monokey cases are a lot cheaper.

I've got an E52 on my 08A. It hauls the laptop to work and back home, holds the helmet in between.

The fact that it holds two helmets is nice when I go on day-rides with my daughter. We can stop for lunch and not have to haul the helmets in.

I keep the right side-bag full with the rain gear and gauntlets and brake lock, since I don't use that stuff very often but don't want to be caught without it. A tire gauge and extra summer gloves live in the top case whether or not anything else is in there, and the left side bag stays open until I need it for something unexpected...like buying something on a day trip.

That E55 review is great...very thorough with nice pics. I agree with most of what he says...and if the E55 had been available when I got mine, I'd have it instead. The save-knuckle device is one of the most needed things. I guess I like the locking mechanism better than what was described on the E55...I put the lid down and have to flip the catch over, which means not pushing much on the bike.

Good luck!