Givi questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Struggling to determine which to get -- the V46 or E52.
If you get the V46, I have a color-matched (cerulean) top I'll sell ya.
Crap -- just ordered the V46 from Gary McCoy WITH the cerulean top. hmmm... maybe I'll need a spare... PM me with price.

Thanks for all the input.... went with the V46, about the same size as the 52, and would'a got the 52 if you could get the color to match.

Expect to post pic's of it on the OHFJR rack E250 mount (like Fred did, but on a pretty silver AE as opposed to that nasty blue color!! j/k)

Last edited by a moderator:
Givi has color for all sizes now so thats not an issue. OHFJR, I see you on this thread now so a quick question. Will the small rack fit the E52 with Fred's web mounted holes pre drilled

All of our racks will allow the mounting of all of the Givi boxes including the E52. You may choose to mount your adapter plate the way Fred did, however make sure the bolts you use for the front two mounting positions do not protrude thru the plate to far or it will hit the bike's plastic.

First let me say I have the V46 and I like the size. If you do alot of 2 up riding the bigger e52 might be a good idea.
I have a question though. Why do lots of people seem to be concered with the fact if will fit two helmets or not. Do you guys actually ride with an empty trunk just to have a place to put your helmet?

That has always been my question, too. Of all the things that *could* be stolen off my bike, the helmet is definitely the worst. Steal the radio, the GPS, the luggage, whatever... but without a helmet, I can't ride in a lot of the US and I won't personally ride any further than from my garage to the end of my driveway.

I just carry my helmet. On rare occasions, I'll put it in the trunk if I'm just out running errands or something, but on trips, I *never* consider the helmet when loading luggage.

I don't use the trunk for the helmet unless I am out on a day ride by myself and the trunk is empty.

Here is my solution for locking the helmets, with locks keyed to the ignition key.

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/helmetlocks

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Who has the cheapest price for the V46? I saw someone posted somewhere that has it for 210, and of course I can't find it.

Just got my E52 GIVI drop shipped from the factory. Mike at Universty motors fixed me right up!

It mounted up perfectly to OHFJR's small rack with the E250 universal mount. It looks good and is solid. Thanks again Duane!

GIVI paints the case now in a blue to match the Suzuki Burgman, which is darn close to the FJR "06

dark metallic blue. GIVI part No. E52B508 https://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_....asp?CO_ID=9487 I walked around the bike in the sunlight and clouds and honestly can't tell the difference. I am digitally challenged and can't post piccies, but will borrow my sons camera and give it a try later. Think I'll get the back rest later also. :yahoo:

Yes, the E250 works for both, and comes with clamps for the stock FJR

rack. A much cleaner option is in post #22 by Rickster.

I've been considering a trunk for the '07 I don't have yet (ever the optimist). I was wondering about the Yam trunk vs the Givi, and most people seem to lean twards the Givi. So I'm interested.. but I can't seem to find a website for Givi... help?

*edit* crap, should have read #31.... Giviusa.com Thanks for answering my question 4 months before I asked it pickax. :)

Thanks for the info.
My dealer said he'd sell my the Yam for cost, but I think I need to see all available in person before I decide.
You welcome. Now return a favor in getting me the same deal :yahoo: Where is that dealer?
https://www.obyamaha.com/

OBERMEYER YAMAHA

745 3RD AVE

JASPER, IN 47546-3639

Ph: 812-634-6686

Fax: 812-482-9253

Hes a small dealer, and I'm paying sticker price and document fee, but not any other charges. And he'll let me get any accessories for cost. (trunk, helmets, clothing) Plus, I go to the front of the line on all service.

Am I getting a great deal?, probably not, but I've always liked going to the little guy because you tend to get better personal service.

It's only better service if he's worked on FJR's before....otherwise you could become his guinea pig :eek: :blink: ......