GIVI V46 matching topcase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pf-flyer

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of V46 top case matching ciover. The Givi Rack was also powder coated to match the bike.

100_0868.jpg

100_0867.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0866.jpg

Other accessories include, Motech Engage Tank Bag (get the bigger one), Cee Bailey 4+4 shield, Big improvement over stock (pun intended), Motovation sliders and custom saddlebag handles, powder coated to match.

Looks good.

Is that the SR357 (?) mounting kit?

Interesting idea around the saddlebag handles, what prompted you to put them on?

Very nice... Did you paint the top box cover or is that the Stock Givi color? How close does it match?

Did you make the saddle bag handles?

I was informed that mine shipped this week, and I hope to have it any day now. Instead of using the 357 mount, I am going to put mine on the new OHFJR rack using the Givi universal mounting plate. I'll post photos when I get it.

It looks like they did a good job with the color matched panel. That is what my order was waiting on to arrive from Givi. I didn't order the backrest or tail light, but I might put that on later.

Looks good.
Is that the SR357 (?) mounting kit?

Interesting idea around the saddlebag handles, what prompted you to put them on?
The cover matches very good and was direct from Givi. Yes, It's the 357 mounting kit. I made the handles to make it easier to close the bags. It was such a pain to close with your knee or push on the cover with my gloves/hands. They work great and keep the possiblity of rubbing road film and the like into the paint. I used drawer pulls from Lowes ($2.47 each ?). I smoothed them up on a grinder and had them powder coated. The trickey part was making a template for drilling and drilling at the right angle. The cover's are two pieces bonded together so once you go thru the outer you have to keep the correct angle to match the inner. Oh Yeah, I ditched the saddlebag reflectors also (push down and twist with the heel of your hand, no residue to speak of).

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a BIG box waiting for me when I got home. Oh yea daddy, this Givi is just what the doctor ordered. The color matched lid is a perfect match too. It really is one nice looking trunk. I think it actually looks better than the Yamaha one.

I hope to have my OHFJR rack in a day or two and will get this puppy mounted.

Fred,

After reading your earlier post, I decided to go with the same setup as you. I received the '06 Givi rack from Duane (OHFJR) today. It took me all of about 2 minutes to install it. Remove the three bolts on the rear, put the rack in place and re-tighten the three bolts. Here's a couple of pics of the rack:

bikepics-652412-full.jpg

bikepics-652413-full.jpg

Its a quality piece. Thanks Duane.

Now I'm just waiting for the V46 case and E250 universal bracket I ordered from University Motors to arrive.

There was a BIG box waiting for me when I got home. Oh yea daddy, this Givi is just what the doctor ordered. The color matched lid is a perfect match too. It really is one nice looking trunk. I think it actually looks better than the Yamaha one.
I hope to have my OHFJR rack in a day or two and will get this puppy mounted.
Fred you should have your plate tomorrow if the postal service keeps its word!

Fred,
After reading your earlier post, I decided to go with the same setup as you. I received the '06 Givi rack from Duane (OHFJR) today. It took me all of about 2 minutes to install it. Remove the three bolts on the rear, put the rack in place and re-tighten the three bolts. Here's a couple of pics of the rack:

Its a quality piece. Thanks Duane.

Now I'm just waiting for the V46 case and E250 universal bracket I ordered from University Motors to arrive.

Your welcome Gary, I'm glad you like it. :D I should have made more of these, the first batch is almost gone already, but more are being produced.

Well I got my big box from Givi today and finished the V46 installation.

Here's a couple of pics of the E250 universal mount attached to OHFJR's rack:

bikepics-653165-full.jpg

bikepics-653166-full.jpg

And here's the V46 with the Cobalt Blue cover mounted on the bike:

bikepics-653168-full.jpg

bikepics-653170-full.jpg

Very clean looking setup IMHO. Total cost (without shipping) was $462.00. $150 for the OHFJR rack and $312 for the V46 box, E250 plate and blue top cover from University Motors.

Thank you Duane and Gary McCoy.

Gary,

You might want to look at my post on the problems I had with the E250 mounted through the grommet holes. There is a gap between the rack and the plastic that the bolts rest on, and if you tighten them down much at all, they will push right through. I talked to Givi about it, and the said that the E250 should only be bolted down through the webbing and that the gromments should stay in place to support the bottom of the trunk.

Thanks for the tip Fred. I'll check that out. I bolted my E250 plate through the grommet holes and snugged them up and didn't seem to have any problems with that.

Fred,

Is that an AirHawk seat cushion I spotted on your FJR? Is so what size did you order and do you find that it lives up to all the claims? And how much was it? I've seen them for 130.00 - 150.00.

Thanks,

Bill

Gary;

Very nice! Thanks for posting the pix... that setup really looks great. I've never been a fan of topcases, but that 46 looks great IMHO. Are you planning on running it with the sidecases? I wondered if the smaller size of the 46 and the narrower install of the '06 sidecases would eliminate some of the earlier concerns running both?

Patrick

fjrgoodie,

Actually I think that's my FJR you're looking at, and yes that is a medium Air Hawk. So far I'm pleased with it. I've had it for about 3 weeks. I've got it down to very little air in it (I'm inseam challenged at 29") but I've been able to ride for up to 2 hours on it as opposed to 1 to 1-1/2 hours on the stock seat.

I got it from RL Motorcycles for $148.95 + shipping.

fjrgoodie,
Actually I think that's my FJR you're looking at, and yes that is a medium Air Hawk. So far I'm pleased with it. I've had it for about 3 weeks. I've got it down to very little air in it (I'm inseam challenged at 29") but I've been able to ride for up to 2 hours on it as opposed to 1 to 1-1/2 hours on the stock seat.

I got it from RL Motorcycles for $148.95 + shipping.
I also have an medium Airhawk ($125, local dealer) in the original post of this thread and after 4,500 miles I truly love it. Just remember, less air is more comfort. Any side pictures of that ohfjr rack with box on? It looks like the rack is really long and would set all the weight way back.

pf-flyer,

Here is a side pic of the rack with the box on it

bikepics-653169-full.jpg

Patrick,

I don't think there are any concerns about running both the side cases and the top box.

Thanks Gary;

I thought I'd remembered reading something -- maybe it was in the owners manual about discouraging the use of both. But that may have related to the OEM topcase. Or it could be my geezerly mind taking a side trip. This V46 looks great.. I may have to work that out myself.

Thanks for the reply.

Patrick

Thanks Gary;
I thought I'd remembered reading something -- maybe it was in the owners manual about discouraging the use of both. But that may have related to the OEM topcase. Or it could be my geezerly mind taking a side trip. This V46 looks great.. I may have to work that out myself.

Thanks for the reply.

Patrick
There is warning about using both bags and top case. MamaYama suggests top or side cases but not both. Maybe rear subframe not enginered to handle both? I'm sure there are FJR's with ten's of thousand's miles using both out there. I ain't scared.