Going to look at FJR, opinions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrM0t0

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow I'm going to look at this bike on Craigslist.

My link

I know there's not a lot of info there about a stock low-mileage bike, but what do you guys think about the price? The seller tells me he buys and sells bikes as a side business, and thus I think the price is a litle high, but that's not a huge problem for me as my wife has a big problem with my doing a solo long distance fly'n'ride to and from the places I've found most of the available AEs (FL, TX, CO, etc). I'm in RI and this bike is only 25 miles away, so paying a premium to keep peace on the home front represents a lot of value to me.

I had originally planned on getting an '06 with up to 20K miles for about $7K, so I'm paying an extra $1.9K for a lower mileage, 2 year newer bike, and a MUCH happier wife. And we all know it's hard to put a price on that last item.

Any comments or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Linky no worky............

Sounds like you have talked yourself into it. Nothing wrong with that. It is practically a brand new bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, either sold, or posting deleted.

06' + 2yr newer = 08'

7k + 1900.00 = $8,900.

If this is right, price is a bit steep. But low miles and excellent condition goes a long ways.

Definitely worth the 25 mile trip to check it out. Look at it closely.

imo- there's some room for negotiation, not much but some.

This is very similar to my situation a couple months ago, I found an '05 FJR 75 mi. away, a small dealer who was interested in trading for a V Max. I gave up a little by not selling outright but for a nice smooth transaction....as opposed to screwing around half the summer trying to sell, buy, etc., I grabbed it, and never looked back.

I say, absolutely, bring the wife, bring a deposit, go check it out! :D

Inspected the bike, not a scratch, 4917 miles, title in hand. Ad was for $8900 paid $8400. I'm happy with the bike as well as the price I've paid.The bag liners are still in the bag from the factory.

Left.jpg

RightFront.jpg

Congrats on the purchase!

I thought the 08 and 09 AEs were all silver in color :huh:

Bike is gorgeous. Congratulations on the purchase. So what do you think of the AE? Getting used to the missing clutch lever yet?

Gary

darksider #44

'08 was the year of the change to Metallic Titanium/Liquid Silver.

I rode one at Yammy's demo tent last year at Laconia (never go there again for bike week) and loved it. I'm picking her up on Wednesday.

This baby is bone stock, and I'm on the hunt for some nice farkles. Used. Always have had great luck buying and selling within the model specific forums I belong to, that being Ninja250.org and YZF600r.com. Very civilized boards. Less so on STN.net, but still a good place to pick up good used stuff.

Thank you to all who've provided advice and positive comments. I'll be here more often now that I REALLY belong here.

...and YZF600r.com. Very civilized boards.
Hey MrMoto, I just saw your FJR pics on the YZF600 board yesterday! I also saw this thread when it first started, but I never noticed the same username. You're right about the civilized behavior over there, it's a good group of boys & girls. Lots of great info like you find here. It makes me glad I own a YZF600 and not an R1, R6, or GSXR so I'd have to read a board inhabited by squids. The other good part of owning a YZF600R is the fact that it's got 112000 miles on it and it still runs great. Not bad for a little 600 sportbike!

Have fun with the DMV and the start of the farkling process.