Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is beginning to get fuking stoopid.... it's as if some of you are so much wiser than the rest and only what you say is the accepted..

Any deviation from the norm or safe method will surely result in grievous injury, maybe even death.. :ph34r:

**** it! Life isn't about sitting around waiting for it "death" It's about doing shit sometimes others just don't or refuse to understand..

I'm not Rossi nor Foggy, nor Freddy.. I'm fuking me and I'm comfortable with the CT..

The damned thing works for me and after 1800 miles since Wednesday morning I ain't dead and still know this works for me.

So at this point I'm saying shut the **** up and let it go.. Ain't a damned thing anyone of you over protected fuks are going to say to me or anyone that will remove the killer from my scoot..

I'm over this thread as of right now. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not Rossi nor Foggy, nor Freddy.. I'm fuking me and I'm comfortable with the CT..The damned thing works for me and after 1800 miles since Wednesday morning I ain't dead and still know this works for me.
Perfect -- that's all that counts -- it works for you (as do sheep) and you know all the risks of death, dismemberment, lawsuit abuse and sheep clap. So go back to banging Dolly and leave the rest of us MC tire users alone, huh?

EDIT for appropriate smilies: :finger: :****: :p

This is beginning to get fuking stoopid....
Yo, fuckstain. This thread has been darn right STOOOOPID for a LONG, LONG, time!

But that is all part of the entertainment value! All I know is you freakin C/T morons can't take a little constructive criticism without crying like babes! :lol:

:****:

:finger:

So I got to ride Bust's darksider '04 this weekend at CFO. Even though I'm not really in a position to need to go that route as I don't ride that much... I wanted to give it a spin to feel it.

It feels great IMO. Just rode it a mile or two total with a few wide 90 degree turns and it leans over real nice. You only feel that it's a car tire when you straighten the bike up and then you feel it flatten out over the main tread. It felt light and smooth going side to side. Not sure how much grip is actually there but it leans over just fine, I probably could have scrapped the pegs but I didn't want to push any limits to find out - but it 'felt' just fine.

Also, acceleration felt normal even though I know the MC tire is heavier.

If I was an Iron Butt kind of guy I would do this mod in a second. I know you can still have fun in the corners with it. I thought it would feel way different like there was a squared off brick back there. Not that way at all with the tire he has. I only ride about 8-10k a year here in MN so I will stick with MC tires and I like to ride hard in the corners, so a MC tire just works fine for me at this point.

Thanks Bust!

Seeing as this has gotten excessively absurd, might I add this excessive mooning then?

mooning.jpg

Back at ya boys!

I gotta get that coolant guy squared away before his engine busts in half because a few dinks said automotive grade shit would be ok in his engine... I see split crankcases in his future

:****:

"So at this point I'm saying shut the **** up and let it go.. "

Well, Bust, don't beat around the bush and just say what you think. :yahoo:

doctorj

So at this point I'm saying shut the **** up and let it go.. Ain't a damned thing anyone of you over protected fuks are going to say to me or anyone that will remove the killer from my scoot..
This coming from a guy who got drunk one night and put his bike up for sale.

:wacko:

Idjut.

:drinks:

Best thread EVAH!! :crazy:

As luck has it, I kilt my rear tire this weekend riding around SE Ohio with RaYzerman (and a bunch of ST guys) who is a Darksider. After following Bungie around last year and blowing too many lines because I was entranced watching his CT through the turns, I told Ray early on that I didn't want to follow him.

Anyway, I ordered a new rear PR2 yesterday, but may just hunt myself up a CT instead...

Status update: Yokohama AVID Envigor

ODO when installed: 17,328 miles, 2/21/2011

Current ODO reading: 23,561 miles, 6/13/2011

So, about 6233 miles on the tire right now. It's wearing great. I'm not dead (yet). I'll probably put on another 3000-4000 miles in the rest of June and July. Will give another update when I reach 10k miles on the tire. That's as long as my wheel doesn't implode and strand me somewhere.

IOW, there is no point to mounting a CT on the front. It meets no realistic goals whatsoever. It's just some numbnut's attempt to make Darksiding look foolish.
People did and do think you are foolish. But you did it anyway...

Any diameter rim is legal for my offer....

I hope you don't think my nuts are numb because I would really like to see what happens.

Custom rims in ANY diameter...

Go...

Think....

I may do it myself for fun.

Who'll be the first?

IOW, there is no point to mounting a CT on the front. It meets no realistic goals whatsoever. It's just some numbnut's attempt to make Darksiding look foolish.
Any diameter rim is legal for my offer....

I hope you don't think my nuts are numb because I would really like to see what happens.

Custom rims in ANY diameter...

Go...

Think....

I may do it myself for fun.

Who'll be the first?
On my '04, the closest point of the brake caliper to the rim is 1.5 inches. That means you could reduce the clearance by one inch on one side of the axle. That means you could re-size the wheel down to a 15 inch rim and still have a half inch of clearance.

Who's gonna be first? Gawd knows crazier shit has happened around here....like putting a car tire on the BACK! :p

doctorj
doctorj, Could you please write a prescription for Bust's vaginal itch ASAP!

It started out as a yeast infection, but now his twat is seriously inflamed!!!

doctorj
doctorj, Could you please write a prescription for Bust's vaginal itch ASAP!

It started out as a yeast infection, but now his twat is seriously inflamed!!!
Naw, I am pretty sure that it is not yeast but simply a common symptom of secondary syphilis (possibly a non human variant). It will pass but then show up in his brain. Then he will do stupid things like put a car tire on a motorcycle and other weird stuff. :rolleyes:

doctorj