Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who is this one post wonder "Myke Ramsey" posting that he has more than 70K miles.

At a minimum, can we get his vote removed from the poll....

thx

Doug, w/ 40K+ darkside miles
What leads you to believe that the only people who ride FJRs, or try different things with their bikes are on this forum? I had my bike for 4 months before I came here, and the majority of FJR riders I meet have never heard of this place.

I wouldn't discount anyone's vote until I could prove that it was incorrect.
Zilla,

I sure hope your reading comprehension is better during your day job.

I had a VFR for 2 years while I was a member of this forum before I got my FJR. I have no problems with other make riders posting their experience.

Eric does not assign a Darkside number until he has a photo of the CT on the FJR.

This guy did not do that, and he has had months on this forum to do so.

Lets see the photo...
Its not...But either way, it seems to be better than yours. Now you believe that the only way a person on an FJR can be a darksider is if they submit a picture to Eric and are sure to post it here for you to inspect? Then they have to get a number to be able to log any miles?

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with my reading comprehension. It is your ability to properly convey what you want to say.

Get off your high horse. You're not nearly as important as you think you are. Maybe your just jealous that instead of sitting around yapping about riding, that guy is actually doing it.

Funny thing is, the first FJR I saw with a car tire was way before I saw anyone on this forum doing it. Of course, unlike some, I was riding way before I joined up here.

Of course, unlike some, I was riding way before I joined up here.
Yeah, but NONE of that counts. Didn't happen.

:finger:

You measly city cop, you.
Haha...I know. Gawd I'm a loser. I think I'll go put a CT on my FJR now.

Actually, maybe I'll go put some MC tires on my truck instead. Give it that cornering clearance I've always wanted. :)

Its not...But either way, it seems to be better than yours. Now you believe that the only way a person on an FJR can be a darksider is if they submit a picture to Eric and are sure to post it here for you to inspect? Then they have to get a number to be able to log any miles?

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with my reading comprehension. It is your ability to properly convey what you want to say.

Get off your high horse. You're not nearly as important as you think you are. Maybe your just jealous that instead of sitting around yapping about riding, that guy is actually doing it.

Funny thing is, the first FJR I saw with a car tire was way before I saw anyone on this forum doing it. Of course, unlike some, I was riding way before I joined up here.
OK, grasshopper,

Today's next lesson is in basic investigative techniques, something you seem to need a remedial lesson in.

Here is our friend Myke's only forum post:

Hello,

My name is Myke and I am a new owner of a 2003 FJR. I've been riding for six years now and got into touring. On my VStar 650 I made it to Crazy Horse and back (1400 miles round trip) and desided I needed a better bike.

Look forward to talking to some fellow riders.

He has only been riding an FJR since August 2011.

There is absolutely no way he has 70K darkside miles on his FJR in 1 month, and his vote will be removed from the poll, as it has absolutely no valid reason to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who is this one post wonder "Myke Ramsey" posting that he has more than 70K miles.

thx

What leads you to believe that the only people who ride FJRs, or try different things with their bikes are on this forum? I had my bike for 4 months before I came here, and the majority of FJR riders I meet have never heard of this place.

Zilla,

I had a VFR for 2 years while I was a member of this forum before I got my FJR. I have no problems with other make riders posting their experience.

Eric does not assign a Darkside number until he has a photo of the CT on the FJR.

Lets see the photo...

What we need are more data points.

thx

Zilla,

Lets see the photo...

palerider's right, here's a data point!

Most_Disrable_Women_of_2009_Eva_Mendes_12.jpg

Here is our friend Myke's only forum post:

Hello,

My name is Myke and I am a new owner of a 2003 FJR. I've been riding for six years now and got into touring. On my VStar 650 I made it to Crazy Horse and back (1400 miles round trip) and desided I needed a better bike.

Look forward to talking to some fellow riders.

He has only been riding an FJR since August 2011.

There is absolutely no way he has 70K darkside miles on his FJR in 1 month, and his vote will be removed from the poll, as it has absolutely no valid reason to be there.
Ok...Just a couple points:

#1>Most of my posts in this thread are in jest. I'm prolly not gonna put a CT on my bike anytime soon, but I'm also not one of those crazy people that think you all are just looking for a way to die.

#2>I almost never go to the welcome posts cuz it's almost always the same stuff. I never read his post and didn't care to as I was mostly giving you shit about giving the guy a fair shake.

#3>A poll about how many miles people have racked up is invalid anyway. If I have 3k on a CT today, by this time next year, I could have 20k on a CT. Maybe someone should have Pm's that dude and checked into his reading comprehension as it seems he missed the part about FJRs only.

Either way, a CT on a bike is a CT on a bike. Every model I have ever seen with a CT on it has had naysayers...None of those guys are dead yet as a result of the CT, and every CT on a bike will result in the same type of mounting and rim issues, so his mileage is still somewhat valid...

I swear...Can't we all just get along??

thx

Zilla,

Lets see the photo...

palerider's right, here's a data point!

Most_Disrable_Women_of_2009_Eva_Mendes_12.jpg
Damn!

Okay, 'zilla....if yer handin' out freebies when you get elected/promoted/appointed, I'm turning in my dibs NOW for Kate!

201010131078814451.jpg
Ok Howie...For some reason this thread keeps showing up as new in my profile. Maybe its just God wanting me to look at that picture...I donno, but here's what I'll do:

I like Eva Mendez, but Mexican girls around here are everywhere. You can't throw a rock without hitting a cute one.

NOW...Kate, Jeebus, I'll giver to you, but I get to take a test drive!

You guys gotta vote for me though!

Hey Scorpion dik.....

I think this Kate would be better suited to ya.

1981KatharineHepburn.jpg

Dolly has told me you cry after sex, an I'm sure this one may be a tad more sympathetic towards your sensitive needs. :p

. . . Mexican girls around here are everywhere. You can't throw a rock without hitting a cute one.
Why the hell would you want to do THAT? . :dribble:

You know, that reminds me of something that ACTUALLY HAPPENED a few years back.

George W. Bush, Colin Powell and Dick Cheney were discussing their new war plan in a Washington D.C. bar. It got a little heated, and a little louder, till finally Cheney got up and approached a guy sitting there drinking alone. "Come over here and give us your thoughts on our war plans, ok?" he asks the guy. He tells him "We want to kill 10,000 Moslems and one blonde with big tits."

"Why the hell would you want to kill a blonde with big tits?" asks the guy, amazed.

"See?" says Cheney. "I told you guys nobody would care about the Moslems."

Hey Scorpion dik.....

I think this Kate would be better suited to ya.

1981KatharineHepburn.jpg

Dolly has told me you cry after sex, an I'm sure this one may be a tad more sympathetic towards your sensitive needs. :p

. . . Mexican girls around here are everywhere. You can't throw a rock without hitting a cute one.
Why the hell would you want to do THAT? . :dribble:

You know, that reminds me of something that ACTUALLY HAPPENED a few years back.

George W. Bush, Colin Powell and Dick Cheney were discussing their new war plan in a Washington D.C. bar. It got a little heated, and a little louder, till finally Cheney got up and approached a guy sitting there drinking alone. "Come over here and give us your thoughts on our war plans, ok?" he asks the guy. He tells him "We want to kill 10,000 Moslems and one blonde with big tits."

"Why the hell would you want to kill a blonde with big tits?" asks the guy, amazed.

"See?" says Cheney. "I told you guys nobody would care about the Moslems."
Double BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Awwww, Zippy....I see your name in an email to me from the forum in the Darkside thread and here I'm hoping you'll drink the Kool-Aid sacrifice a virgin suck the blood of a cat consider the wisdom of a car tire. I'm disappointed that I was disappointed. :sadsmiley02:

Awwww, Zippy....I see your name in an email to me from the forum in the Darkside thread and here I'm hoping you'll drink the Kool-Aid sacrifice a virgin suck the blood of a cat consider the wisdom of a car tire. I'm disappointed that I was disappointed. :sadsmiley02:
I wasn't dissin the CT's at all, I just thought since we went from rubber to Mammories it kinda fit. :p

I wasn't dissin the CT's at all, I just thought since we went from rubber to Mammories it kinda fit. :p
BTW.....do you have a larger picture of the Chunky Monkey in your avatar? If so, how about posting it and helping a bunch of brothers out!