Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you left. When the hole is deep throw away the shovel.
One of those where you suspect they are an idiot...... Then they open the pie hole and prove it.

A conspiracy theorist no doubt, who not only still believes the world is flat, but also has proof the moon landing was a fake..

Has anyone asked ANY motorcycle manufacturer if putting a ridgid car tire on the back of a motorcycle is a good idea and stable for the bike??
If car tires were good for motorcycles why don't the manufacturers put them on?? They'd get much better mileage and could use that as a sales promotion. They design these bikes, they know what handles best.

If car tires handled good they would use them.

Showing a guy leaned over on a bike with a car tire doesn't mean it's stable, it only means he leaned over.

I've been riding for decades maybe longer than some of the "experts" here, I was trying to do the guy that did this a favor by pointing it out that it was a bad idea to put a car tire on the back of a bike. I was met with name calling by Scootertrash a Admin of all people.

I'm done and out of this ridiculous thread!
You're wasting your breath here. What you said, has been said countless times before. You are arguing against people who are only interested in saving time and money. The rest of your concern is of little concern to them, since for them, the positives outweigh the negatives. For a few that have tried, the negatives are unacceptable.

Hey, it's a free country. Let people do, what they want to do and learn from their own experiences. One size doesn't fit all. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences and experiences and gospels and can be pretty opinionated esp. when on the interwebs
tongue.png
, myself included. Let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trow never actually road the bike.. Just his one sided observations.

Thus proving Sams point. Everyone has an asshole......... Some just chose to speak out of it.
clown2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this one.

When in deep water a great deal depends on keeping one mouth shut. Or in this case keyboard.

SoCal,

Did you actually read this whole thread? Did you ever consider that no one knows everything? Do you approach every question in your life with the attitude that you already know everything? No one is going to tell you that you need to put a car tire on your bike. What gives you the right to tell these others what they must do to theirs? Some of these guys are at the top of their game when it comes to LD riding and what it takes to make an FJR cover lots of miles quickly and reliably.

If that calm well reasoned argument does not suit you, try this thought: I hate a liar. You told us all several posts back you were leaving this thread. Make an honest man of yourself and stop insulting these good people. If you need help, these people can answer any question you have about your FJR.

Oh, I don't run a car tire. I don't need to. But I am not going to make an ass of myself by insulting those who do.

Fish, the following question blankets half of the fjr forum members. Including me. But most of the time, I'm lying anyways.

Do you approach every question in your life with the attitude that you already know everything?
Me too if I were to be honest. I guess I was being a hypocrite.

The odd thing though is that really we all have enough "life lessons" behind us to have a right to feel we are smarter than the average bear.

Have to post this because it's very important.Here's some info from some real "experts" on tires, just might save some lives on this Forum.........
https://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-by-type/tires/tales-from-the-dark-side-putting-car-tires-on-motorcycles.htm/
If you think those people are "experts" you sir, are an ignorant sheep. Go nibble the grass in some other field. This thread exists because I choose to try something different for the FJR, not something new to motorcycling. If you think you have experience, you're wrong, you just do what you've been told and can't think outside the box.

I suggest you learn to think for yourself and stop trying to save people from themselves. Few, if any, are interested in your advice, when you're talking out your ass with no experience what so ever in the matter at hand.

I'm done and out of this ridiculous thread!
If only you had stuck to your promise.........

One more thing.........try going to Willow Springs Raceway and selling car tires fo the riders there, let me know how well you do.

Blah, blah, blah. More drivel from an idiot that doesn't know when to SHUT THE **** UP!
bye.gif

Yo! Jackass! Please-O-please stick to your promise! Go away!

Have to post this because it's very important.Here's some info from some real "experts" on tires, just might save some lives on this Forum.........
Blah, blah, blah......... poor idiot just can't stay away. He's gotta SAVE THE WORLD!

Dufus - I know you just can't help it, after all, you are who you are ,but just *try* to stop that flow of shit streaming from your mouth (keyboard).

https://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-by-type/tires/tales-from-the-dark-side-putting-car-tires-on-motorcycles.htm/
OH MY GOD!! WHAT HAVE I DONE? WHY DIDN`T THE ANMIN. WARN ME? CAN I SUE? SO MANY QUESTIONS?
In your case, and your case only, I am secretly hoping for a flaming death.

Hugs & kisses Ricardo! :wub: