Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car tire on a 13 WTF next.......Brodie crawl back into you hole......
fool.gif
fool.gif

R

Hmmmm need a picture huh? Seeing as how I'm too lazy slow to relearn how to post pics here. You could go to killboy.com for July 17, "touring bikes" thumbnail #27.

I see I'm setting myself up for hellacious ridicule for such lame lean angle, this being Friday, and for just not posting a pic...but what the hey, it is for the #60.

Besides, the CT isn't on the bike now, heck not much of anything is on the bike now, not until I get it painted, repaired, and put together by springtime.

BTW, in the pic @ killboy I have the aux tank on. I was on a not-so-direct route to SW-FOG.

Hmmmm need a picture huh? Seeing as how I'm too lazy slow to relearn how to post pics here. You could go to killboy.com for July 17, "touring bikes" thumbnail #27.

I see I'm setting myself up for hellacious ridicule for such lame lean angle, this being Friday, and for just not posting a pic...but what the hey, it is for the #60.

Besides, the CT isn't on the bike now, heck not much of anything is on the bike now, not until I get it painted, repaired, and put together by springtime.

BTW, in the pic @ killboy I have the aux tank on. I was on a not-so-direct route to SW-FOG.
Photo Assist for Mr. Darksider #60:

darksidefjr-1_zps1c173fac.jpg

https://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01PX041121&po=1121&pc=1167

Sorry Warchild, I know your thoughts about this abomination, but I am curious just who will be the first to go Dark Side with their Gen lll.
Knock it off! Leave the car tire shit in the one thread.
mad.gif

I'll do that if you leave all the gun shit in one thread????

:tease:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Warchild, I know your thoughts about this abomination, but I am curious just who will be the first to go Dark Side with their Gen lll.
mad.gif

tease.gif
I hereby nominate one "GeggieM", aka SkooterG, aka Purveyor of Crooked Facts, aka illicit spawn of Don Stanley for President of the .....

GoonSquad1.jpg

mad.gif

tease.gif
I hereby nominate one "GeggieM", aka SkooterG, aka Purveyor of Crooked Facts, aka illicit spawn of Don Stanley for President of the .....

GoonSquad1.jpg
We Irish have always preferred the term Thug, but we can accept Goon!

https://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01PX041121&po=1121&pc=1167
Since Darksider #3 has assisted you, I'll consider that vouching that that pic is actually you. For future reference, www.tinypic.com is your easy way to post pics on forums. Use the IMG choice and just copy and paste that directly into the forum, no need to use the links above the reply box.

Welcome to the Darkside TripperMike, you have been added to the Darkside FAQ as #60.

Big Thanx for the assist Doug.

Since Darksider #3 has assisted you, I'll consider that vouching that that pic is actually you. For future reference, www.tinypic.com is your easy way to post pics on forums. Use the IMG choice and just copy and paste that directly into the forum, no need to use the links above the reply box.

Welcome to the Darkside TripperMike, you have been added to the Darkside FAQ as #60.
Much appreciated, and in return I'll look into the tinypic site, learn it, breathe it, and generally become one with it so I never again confess to being a photo non-poster dolt again here.

Came out of work the other day, and one of the custodians was checking out the bike. He commented that it was a really great looking bike. I told him thank you, and asked if he was checking it out a little. He said, "Well, actually I was checking out that car tire your've got on that thing. Of course he asked if it affected handling. I told him a good deal of what's been said on this Darkside thread. He seemed genuinely interested and we talked about it for quite a while. Interesting how that even a guy who knows very little about motorcycles assumed that a car tire would affect handling...

Gary

darksider #44

This thread belongs on a Hardley site.
Anyone who knows how important tires are on a motorcycle wouldn't even think of putting a car tire on the thier bike.

Or a fuel cell either!

Thanks again for yet some more insightful input mister close-minded.
Close minded?? You have to be kidding me! More like common sense!

There's a reason why motorcycle tires are different than Car tires. Different profiles, MUCH stickier rubber for traction ect....

I won't even attepmt to explain it to you since you don't think it's utterly ridiculous, not to mention hazardous to put a car tire on a cycle, on top of that, he had a cycle tire in the FRONT, the totally different profiles of the 2 tires make it unsafe to begin with!

Motorcycling is dangerous enough, the LEAST we could do is let him know what he did makes it even more dangerous!

At the rate my FJR ate up that Bridgestone BT-023 GT (< 4,000 miles). I can't say I am not tempted. If I did this, however, I would never be allowed in the presence of Warchild and Brian R. again..
warning.gif

BTW......I don't know of ANY reputable tire store that would install a car tire on a cycle wheel BECAUSE of the liability, what does that tell you?
Because that's the way it's always been and I'm afraid to set outside the box.

Pretty sure we are around 1m miles collectively with no reported issues of flaming death and such

BTW......I don't know of ANY reputable tire store that would install a car tire on a cycle wheel BECAUSE of the liability, what does that tell you?
Because that's the way it's always been and I'm afraid to set outside the box.

Pretty sure we are around 1m miles collectively with no reported issues of flaming death and such
So you put car tires on your bike too??

Tell me how does that feel on twisty roads pretty STABLE??