Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops. Wrong Forum.
That's right fella, get a CT or get out.

See how tough we Darksiders are...
tonguesmiley.gif

Oops. Wrong Forum.
That's right fella, get a CT or get out.

p

See how tough we Darksiders are... :tonguesmiley:

You tell them Bugman.

Works good on the wing and when I've used up my take offs the FJR goes dark.
I hear them thar car tars can even keep ya from tippin over, iffns you get too drunk ta stay upright.
Yeah but they don't stop tippin over when some monkey wants to take a picture.

You know, if you ride all the way to Wheaton, I'll sign that rear sidebag for ya.

No charge.

EDIT- Plus, I wanna see what a flat bottomed rear tar looks like on yer bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discount Tire mounted the Exalto with no questions. $204 out the door (tire and mounting). I'll balance it and mount it onto the bike tomorrow. I hope to have pictures posted by tomorrow afternoon.

Discount Tire mounted the Exalto with no questions. $204 out the door (tire and mounting). I'll balance it and mount it onto the bike tomorrow. I hope to have pictures posted by tomorrow afternoon.
Hope you'll post up a photo.

Enjoy! (Have fun in the monsoons)

My plans are slightly delayed. The extra rim I bought and mounted the tire on is an ABS rim. My bike is not ABS. So it looks like I need to swap out the wheel bearing oil seal on the brake side to fit the spacer. Part is on order.

I do have a non ABS rim to get rid of (in great shape) if this helps.
Thanks for the offer. But the ABS rim will work on my bike, I just need to swap out a $10 oil seal. The outer diameter of the ABS sensor is larger than the outer diameter of the spacer on the non-ABS bikes. So, the ABS and non-ABS wheels use different oil seals next to the wheel bearing.

For what it's worth, complete ABS wheels are hard to find at reasonable prices. It's a shame to change one over for non-ABS use. You and RiderX are reasonably close together too.

You would both probably be money ahead to just swap wheels and let RiderX sell the ABS one. He gets a few bucks more for his effort, you get the correct wheel to just slap on w/o worries. I've forgotten if the ABS sensor cover is just replaced by the spacer if you're running it on a non-ABS bike. The sensor rotor is bonded on to the wheel, so did not used to be a separate part you could order. (I once had an ABS wheel that the sensor had been removed. Made it un-usuable for my ABS bike and no way to correct the problem at that time. I haven't checked recently to see if things have changed.)

For what it's worth, complete ABS wheels are hard to find at reasonable prices. It's a shame to change one over for non-ABS use. You and RiderX are reasonably close together too.
You would both probably be money ahead to just swap wheels and let RiderX sell the ABS one. He gets a few bucks more for his effort, you get the correct wheel to just slap on w/o worries. I've forgotten if the ABS sensor cover is just replaced by the spacer if you're running it on a non-ABS bike. The sensor rotor is bonded on to the wheel, so did not used to be a separate part you could order. (I once had an ABS wheel that the sensor had been removed. Made it un-usuable for my ABS bike and no way to correct the problem at that time. I haven't checked recently to see if things have changed.)
RiderX, if you're looking to swap, send me a PM. I don't know if it would be cost effective with dismounting CT, shipping, and remounting CT.

Well, I got a chance to really test out the car tire this weekend. 750 miles each way up to Big Sky and 2000 miles of rally riding. The tire did great in all conditions from high speeding running to draggin' pegs through the twisties. I see no reason I'll ever go back to a m/c tire.

Well, I got a chance to really test out the car tire this weekend. 750 miles each way up to Big Sky and 2000 miles of rally riding. The tire did great in all conditions from high speeding running to draggin' pegs through the twisties. I see no reason I'll ever go back to a m/c tire.
Justin, did you find the wobble point or was it smooth the whole way? 130-135 is the point for me

Justin, did you find the wobble point or was it smooth the whole way? 130-135 is the point for me
Yeah - that's where mine starts to wobble as well. I don't really use this bike for those kind of speeds much anyway, so it's not an issue for me. I do wonder if the Exalto does better in that regard though. It looks to be closer to a mc tire (rounder) than the Potenza I have on now.

Yeah - that's where mine starts to wobble as well. I don't really use this bike for those kind of speeds much anyway, so it's not an issue for me. I do wonder if the Exalto does better in that regard though. It looks to be closer to a mc tire (rounder) than the Potenza I have on now.
Nope, the Exalto has the same problem above 130.