GoPro HD Hero Camera - Helmet Cam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get your GoPro, look into how to check the firmware version. There was a firmware update that added a couple minor features, such as upside-down mode. This allows you to mount the camera upside down if necessary and record videos that will be right-side up when you watch them. Just remember to switch the setting back when you re-mount it right-side-up. I forgot to do this once and recorded an awesome race between my dad and uncle at the drag strip. I had to rotate the video in some video editing software, which lost some quality due to the re-encoding process into a different format, etc.

Just generally get in the habit of cycling through the settings before you set out to use it to make sure it's in the right resolution/framerate mode that you want, and that it's not upside-down when you don't want it :)

Here's details on updating the firmware: https://gopro.com/support/hd-hero-firmware-update/