• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GPSUSPENSION.COM GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to go to sleep until Oct 5th. Then wake up to the phone ringing from GP SUSPENSION giving me my upgrades appointment date! Maybe I'll ride my bike over to their shop and wait for the call?

I HATE THIS WAITING!!!!

e-mail sent to GP for some recommendations since I haven't the foggiest idea what I'd be ordering, I just know I'd like the bike to ride a little differently :) Once I hear back I'm sure I'll be in!

Just a note to all that signed up or will be signing up, we will send out a e-mail at the end of the group buy for instructions on what to do if you are sending in service work or if you are buying product. We have already started getting shocks ordered up, so be patient, were on it.

I just want to go to sleep until Oct 5th. Then wake up to the phone ringing from GP SUSPENSION giving me my upgrades appointment date! Maybe I'll ride my bike over to their shop and wait for the call?
I HATE THIS WAITING!!!!
I'm with you! I just went on a ride with the wife down forest road 25 on the east side of Mt St Helens in WA state. Think of the Dragon, but very bumpy. That poor FJR with almost 30k on stock suspension was bobbing and weaving, occasionally throwing sparks and unintentionally wheelying while attempting to do justice to that road while loaded down with passenger and gear. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY UPGRADE AND RETRY THAT ROAD! :yahoo:

I want to do the fork overhaul and the shock. I just can't make up my mind which shock. :blink:
The dial adjustable preload on the Ohlins does sound appealing, but how well does it work ? Will it go from 200 lbs riding solo to 400 lbs riding 2 up loaded ?

The high and low speed adjustment on the Penske sounds nice, but do I really need it ?

The adjustable ride hight adjustment on the Penske sounds nice, but again do I need it because I'm OK with the hight of it now ?

I guess I'm leaning toward the Ohlins if the preload has a wide range of adjustment, but any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks A.C.
I think I'm going for the fork rebuild and the Ohlins B) . For me I'de rather have the quick and easy preload adjust as opposed to all the other adjustments of the Penske. After all it is my Super Sport Tourer not my track bike.

Stats after 7 days:

Fork Upgrades: 13

Penske: 11

Ohlins: 4

Shock rebuilds: 7

GPSuspension forks springs: 8

There is one week remaining on this Group Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stats after 10 days:

Fork Upgrades: 14

Penske: 12

Ohlins: 5

Shock rebuilds: 7

GPSuspension forks springs: 8

There are 5 days remaining on this Group Buy.

Being in Vancouver, these guys are just a short hop and skip away. Talked to these guys at the track many times. Always figured I'd have the cartridge forks on the Triumph done first, but I think I'll take advantage of this group buy for the FJR. New fork springs and front end rebuild for me. New rear shock just too much $$$.

Just got back from 2 weeks out of town and w/o computer or time. Signed up for Wilbers rebuild and complete front fork set up. Just cannot afford to miss this GB this time, knowing I'm going to be due no later than next summer and knowing Murphy will kick me in the ass with a failure if I don't. Thanks to WC and GP for this opportunity.

One last stupid question.

Ready to pull the trigger on the fork rebuild and the penske 8983.

Do I also need the penske mount?

Unless Im gonna zip-tie it to the frame I need this. correct?

Nothing like waiting till the last minute :rolleyes:

[SIZE=18pt]LAST DAY, FOLKS![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Latest Stats:

Fork Upgrades: 24
Penske: 15
Ohlins: 7
Shock rebuilds: 9
GPSuspension forks springs: 12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Get 'em now, or wait another year![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: