• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GPSUSPENSION.COM GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stayed home today with flu like symtoms and guess what came. My new Ohlins :yahoo:

Now I need to get feeling beter so I can install it, along with a new set of Stradas.

I just got back last night from my ride in appointment with GP suspension. These guys and their work are top notch and I highly recommend them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Dave last night to express my thanks, appreciation and let him know the bike feels awesome.

I got out on the new suspension last Sunday. I was already impressed with the FJR.

This put a serious polish on the apple. :fan_1:

What settings have you guys been using on the forks? I had mind done at the last GB and to tell the truth I wish I had saved my money. The bike does not feel any different than it did with the stock suspension :unsure:

Good to hear from you Mr. NSrider. I have Eibach up front set at 2 bars and an Ohlins on the rear (from previous group buy). I am very happy with this set-up. Take a few minutes and talk with Anthony at Pro-tech. He will be able to help you out. He has done my race bike, FJR and KLR. He is the best there is in this part of Canada. PM for additional info.

Canadian FJR

What settings have you guys been using on the forks? I had mind done at the last GB and to tell the truth I wish I had saved my money. The bike does not feel any different than it did with the stock suspension :unsure:
First time I've ever heard that! Mine was good before and nothing short of phenomenal after... I do feel the new (rear) shock provides the key to the improvements - Did you get a new shock?

How much do you weigh? Did you set sag front AND rear after install?

Getting the parts installed is the first part .. the next part is setting the preload, rebound and compression. That took me a while. Since we have different weights and spring rates, I dunno if my settings are the same are yours, so I Canadian FJR is right .. get someone to do it for you or read up on setting them yourself (hint: measure the fork travel, cuz the industry-standard 30mm fork sag isn't enough for the FJR).

I definitely noticed an improvement when GPS did my VFR and FJR. Now they're doing our SV650.

Got the front end done today. Rode in ~1000, was out ~noon. Bushings were in fine shape with 17k miles. Noticed the difference right away. Everyone in the shop was friendly and took time to explain what they were doing. Now, to save up $ for next year's group buy....eyein' that Ohlins YA707!

Signed up several months ago and haven't heard from them, to be honest, I had all but forgot about it, how do I contact them, and where are they located if I wanted to ride in, hope they're not to far from Pensacola FL??

Skippy

Signed up several months ago and haven't heard from them, to be honest, I had all but forgot about it, how do I contact them, and where are they located if I wanted to ride in, hope they're not to far from Pensacola FL??
Skippy
They are on the other side of the country in Oregon.

here's the link https://www.gpsuspension.com/aboutus/

My forks started leaking pretty bad last summer, but I cleaned up the brake pads and squeaked by through the summer. I didn't have the funds last fall to get in on the group buy, so I assumed I would have to just suck it up and pay the regular rate.

Well, I finally e mailed Dave at GP Suspension and told him what I wanted done and I also mentioned what a great thing he has done with the group buys. First thing he said, that he would give me the group buy price. Very nice of him, told him that wasn't neccessary, but he was insistant. What a great guy. UPS'd the forks to him last Tuesday and got them on the bike tonite. Still working on the Penske, but should get it finished tommorow.

Geat guy, great service, he's got my business. Really looking forward to the new ride.

Fred jr.

Though I signed up for the group buy last year, the house purchase put everything on hold. So first my apologies to Warchild & GPSuspension. However, I'm still following through on this. I called Ben yesterday and said my forks are being shipped and I would also like the Penske 8983 on the rear. I did not ask for the group buy price and only said customers on the FJR Forum love the work and would like the same products on my feej. Ben said he gives normally gives a 10% discount to forum members to which I was very happy to hear!

Forks are being shipped to GPS this week. Can't wait to ride the feej with the rebuild plus the 8983.

In the downtime I can knock out a good size of farkles along with ordering tire changing/balancing equipment and replacing the storms with PR2's.

So, Warchild, any chance that another GP Suspension group buy is in the works anytime soon..?
I'd recommend just calling Gary up at GP Suspension. There's a high likelihood he'll give you the group buy pricing if you just mention these forums. ;)

I had GP re-build my forks and install a Penske 8983 shock and it transformed my bike completely!

The guys there are fantastic and I'd highly recommend a ride in appointment. About 1200 miles one way for me! They explained a lot to me and set up the ride to my weight and riding style. Besides that, there's some amazing roads up there to ride. ( just bring your raincoat!)

So, Warchild, any chance that another GP Suspension group buy is in the works anytime soon..?
I'd recommend just calling Dave Hodges at GP Suspension. There's a very high likelihood he'll give you the group buy pricing if you just mention these forums. ;)
Fixed it for you! :)
Thanks! Having met Dave a couple of years ago at GP's shop when dcarver was getting his suspension done, you're probably right. At the very least, he's likely to give me a decent discount...

I had GP re-build my forks and install a Penske 8983 shock and it transformed my bike completely!

The guys there are fantastic and I'd highly recommend a ride in appointment. About 1200 miles one way for me! They explained a lot to me and set up the ride to my weight and riding style. Besides that, there's some amazing roads up there to ride. ( just bring your raincoat!)
Fortunately for me, I only live about 15 minutes from GP's shop so - depending on what I decide to have done (Forks? Shock? Forks + shock?) I'd either ride in or bring components in (save a bit of $$$) and swing by later for set-up. Decisions, decisions...