Great Movie Quotes. I'll start.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirty Harry

As the bad guy has a gun on our dective Dirty Harry, he tells Harry to slowly remove his gun and throw it out in front of him. Harry pulls out the massive 44 Magnum from his jacket. Bad guy says, "My....That's a big one."

I'll stop there. Full Metal Jacket has some doozies though...

Last edited by a moderator:
As a tribute to this THREAD.......

"A man's got to know his limitations."

- Harry Callahan, MAGNUM FORCE - 1973

From Conan the Barbarian:

Mongol General: What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

"I don't think the heavy stuffs' coming down for quite a while"...............................Carl Spackler

"Why you buy a hat like that and you can get a free bowl of soup.............................Oh, but it looks good on you".............Al Czervik

"you gotta ask yourself... Do I feel lucky?... Well, do ya.... PUNK!? Dirty Harry (Clint)

"You want the truth - You can't handle the truth!" Col. Jessup (Jack Nickleson)

"What we got here is a Mexican Standoff... 'cept we got no Mexicans..." East meets West? (Jackie Chan movie)

"What the fuck are we gonna do that we can't spare 15 minutes?"

Good Will Hunting.

I think that about sums up how long it took to read this thread so far too.

While the movie "The Princess Bride" can be taken as a kids movie, it often has double meaning for adults. Here are just a few from this movie:

INCONTHEEVABLE! (INCONCEIVABLE!)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Your trying to kidnap what I’ve rightfully stolen.

In that case I challenge you to a battle of wits.

For the princess? (nod)

To the death? (nod)

I accept!

Good heavens. Are you still trying to win?

Hear this now: I will always come for you.

I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?

You never said anything about killing anyone.

I've hired you to help me start a war. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.

Inigo Montoya: Are you the Miracle Max who worked for the king all those years?

Miracle Max: The King's stinking son fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed.

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Vizzini: Finish him. Finish him, your way.

Fezzik: Oh good, my way. Thank you Vizzini... what's my way?

Vizzini: Pick up one of those rocks, get behind a boulder, in a few minutes the man in black will come running around the bend, the minute his head is in view, hit it with the rock.

Fezzik: My way's not very sportsman-like.

From Dr. Strangelove, 1964:

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No, I don't think I do, sir, no.

General Jack D. Ripper: He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.

General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

Classic comic insanity :lol:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Black Knight has no arms and he tells King Arthur, "It's just a flesh wound".

In fact the whole movie is one great giant quote!

- So what's the problem, Sammy-o? Is it just Mum or is it something else? Maybe... school - are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?

+You really want to know?

- I really want to know.

+Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?

- Even if that's the case, yeah.

+Okay. Well, the truth is... actually... I'm in love.

- Sorry?

+ I know I should be thinking about Mum all the time, and I am. But the truth is I'm in love and I was before she died, and there's nothing I can do about it.

- [laughs] Aren't you a bit young to be in love?

+ No.

- Oh, well, okay, right. Well, I mean, I'm a little relieved.

+ Why?

- Well, because I thought it would be something worse.

+ [incredulous] Worse than the total agony of being in love?

- Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.

"I see dead people"
haha this is kinda similar... hope it's not tooooo controversial ;)

gdubya.jpg

One of my movie favs, also from blazing saddles:

"what in the wide wide world of sports is a goin on here???" ;)

Tombstone with Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday

Bad guy- "You're so drunk you're probably seeing double"

Doc Holiday pulls out another pistol - "Thats ok, I can shoot both of you"

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"...............................Bluto (I hesitated to even include who spoke; a good quote doesn't need any references.)

[SIZE=12pt]I know what you're thinking. [/SIZE]

Did he fire six shots or only five?

Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kinda lost track myself.

But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question--Do I feel lucky?

Well, do ya punk!

-- and --

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.

Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

-- and --

[SIZE=10pt]When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, [/SIZE]

I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

"If it bleeds, we can kill it." Ahnold in Predator

"I'll be bach!" Ahnold again, in Terminator

"Revenge is a dish best served cold!" Ricardo Montalban in Star Trek-II, The Wrath of Khan

"Did you do that? Man you gotta warn somebody before you just crack one off like that, my mouth was open and everything. I know what I smell, and it sure didn't come off no stone either." Donkey in Shrek

"Who's the U-boat captain?" Auto mechanic in Risky Business

"Are you ready for me, Ralph?" Rebecca (still makes me hot) De Mornay in Risky Business