Grips ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe someone else can say which size is right.

I put the smaller Grip-Puppies on my "06. They fit perfect!!! :clapping:

I paid only $20.00 for the BMW grips when I bought mine. They were a waste of money in my mind....didn't like them any better than the stock ones. I then went to the Tacki Grand Touring grips. Much better, but still too hard for my taste. I ended up with the Grip Puppies over the stock grip. This is, by far, the best set-up for me.

I just ordered a set of grip puppies. I figure for $7.50 they are worth a shot, and then if they don't work for me I'll go more expensive routes. Thanks for all the good ideas and links........ :clapping:

yep, i'm with shinypartsup on this one. i'm gonna start with the grip puppies too. ordered them this afternoon. see how they do and go from there...if they don't work, then I'll try the football ones Woodstock has.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, i'm with shinypartsup on this one. i'm gonna start with the grip puppies too. ordered them this afternoon. see how they do and go from there...if they don't work, then I'll try the football ones Woodstock has.
I'll let you squeeze my grips at WFO :lol:

Hey "woody", FJRCHICK said she was with me........... :p :clapping:

Has anyone tried to install the Kimpex grip heaters under the Grip Puppies but over the stock grips? Would this work? Sandwich the heaters tween the stock grip and the puppies........

Hey "woody", FJRCHICK said she was with me........... :p :clapping:
Dueling pistols at 20 paces. :D

:dribble: I better back up more than twenty paces, I think your gun is bigger than mine :lol:

Grip puppies got delivered yesterday. Went on last night with some tugging but ok. They were a witch with just soapy water, but after I put my riding gloves on and grabbed from the opposite side of the tank they slid on fairly easily. Now I'm going to try them out on a ride. Thanks for the info and advice....... Later.

Grip puppies got delivered yesterday. Went on last night with some tugging but ok. They were a witch with just soapy water, but after I put my riding gloves on and grabbed from the opposite side of the tank they slid on fairly easily. Now I'm going to try them out on a ride. Thanks for the info and advice....... Later.
slipped my grip puppies on last night and went riding. maybe it's just cause i'm coming from that old fat valkyrie and gold wing group, but i LOVE em.. and when was the last time i could say that about a farkle that cost 7 1/2 bucks including shipping?

just right, for me. and went on easy with just a little shot of honda cleaner/polish inside. i use that stuff for everything including a little squirt in the frypan when i make eggs.. :dribble:

you'll prolly love em..

shu

It has been asked a few times with no responce yet...

Does anyone know if heated grips work with the puppies?

I ran the grip puppies for awhile over some Oury grips. I have grip

heaters under the Oury grips, and had no problems. No perceived

loss of heat.

Gary

I put a pair of Grip Puppies on last week and finally had time for a close to 3 hour backroads ride this morning: they really helped....almost no vibes got thru and what did didn't have the finger tingling frequency like the stock grips let through. $7.50 well spent! DFO :D

I put a pair of Grip Puppies on last week and finally had time for a close to 3 hour backroads ride this morning: they really helped....almost no vibes got thru and what did didn't have the finger tingling frequency like the stock grips let through. $7.50 well spent! DFO :D

Well, I've been able to ride about 700 miles with the grip puppies on so far. I am ambivalent, and maybe somebody has advice. I love the vibration control, though the stock wasn't bad considering I was coming from a V-Twin. But the grips feel a little wide, and after a 350 mile jaunt, my hands felt better except the joint where my thumb meets my hand (both left and right sides). They hurt! And felt bruised. I don't generally lean on my hands much (though maybe more than I think). On shorter rides of 20-100 miles they have been fine. Any thoughts on why suddenly my thumb joints hurt? Never experienced this. Any fixes you can suggest?

Thanks for the suggestion of the grip puppies overall... at least my other fingers feel better :) .

Well, I've been able to ride about 700 miles with the grip puppies on so far. I am ambivalent, and maybe somebody has advice. I love the vibration control, though the stock wasn't bad considering I was coming from a V-Twin. But the grips feel a little wide, and after a 350 mile jaunt, my hands felt better except the joint where my thumb meets my hand (both left and right sides). They hurt! And felt bruised. I don't generally lean on my hands much (though maybe more than I think). On shorter rides of 20-100 miles they have been fine. Any thoughts on why suddenly my thumb joints hurt? Never experienced this. Any fixes you can suggest?

Thanks for the suggestion of the grip puppies overall... at least my other fingers feel better :) .
I had the same problem you state. I wear shorty leather gloves when riding and after cutting the thumb length back on my glove, the pain went away.

I just took a 4500 mile trip on the 06 and my thumb pain was not a problem. I do have an order in for the Rick Mayer seat though. My Ironbutt was not that Iron!!!

Hope this helps ya!

Latest posts