• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ground Spider overload harnesses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on suplies again. Can't imagine selling too many more with the recall coming.
Got my harnesses! They look PHENOMENAL Art. You do beautiful work, and nice touch throwing in some wire ties.

Recall work scheduled for next Saturday, and your harness will be installed by yours truly right after that occurs. I still feel your fix is superior to Yamaha's band-aid and addresses the largest issues.

Thanks again for the great product and turn around.

-Kevin

Hey Road Runner,

I'd like to buy the full set of 4 harnesses instead of going the recall route. Do you have an ETA on when you'll be making more? Shoot me a PM when you're ready and I'll paypal you.

Eric

Hey Road Runner,

I'd like to buy the full set of 4 harnesses instead of going the recall route. Do you have an ETA on when you'll be making more? Shoot me a PM when you're ready and I'll paypal you.

Eric
If I don't ride tomorrow I'll be making more.

I would definitely get the recall then Yamaha can't say you didn't do it and void your warranty, and if you want you can also run mine.

I have 1 complete set of all 4. I can send you just the 2 lights, but you should do all 4. Even when the fans aren't running the fan harnesses add 2 ground paths to the S4 spider.

Got mine installed this weekend with the help of my buddy Andy! BEAUTIFUL and easy to install! Thanks so much Art! Quality work sir!

I have enough plugs for another set of all 4, but not enough harness tubing for all 4. I can make up the set and use elec tape for whatever harness I don't have enough tubing for. Let me know if that's OK.

This will be my last set unless I get an order for at least 10 sets, because the shipping on the parts isn't worth ordering less. In the past I ordered enough to do 10 sets and they sold quick, but they're not selling good enough now, and I may end up sitting on 10 sets for a year or more.

I can live with tape ;)

Email sent.

Email bounced...

PM sent

anybody have a part number for Yamaha's fix?

I don't plan to have the dealer work on my bike, but I may want to buy and install the upgraded part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my bike back from having the valves checked etc. Had the recall done. I'm not impressed with the recall, but at least Mother is listening(a little).

But on a Humorous note, the tech did not notice Art's harness nessled with the other harnesses of my bike. I told him before hand, so he wouldn't be alarmed, and I wanted to make sure Art's harness stayed in.

The Road Runner harness has more than enough length to route it nice a neat with the other wires around it, and if your not looking for it directly, only your happy fans and headlights will know its there! :rolleyes:

Thanks again Art.

Art,

I sent a PM to you for a set of harnesses. I've had the recall done and it didn't solve the problem.

Let me know what you need from me.

Thanks!