half face helmet ran over

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good chance JB. We haven't had a decent dogpile in weeks. I still think the half helmet would look moronic :blink: Kinda like a full face on a cruiser.

Monkey ridin a pony comes to mind.

:jester:

It was intact with some major scrapes but it was good to go.
Nope, sorry, "major scrapes" and "good to go" are mutually exclusive, not to mention the damage from impact with the road and being run over. That helmet needs to be replaced, unless the only reason you're wearing it is to comply with the law, in which case, "never mind."

And who said half helmets suck . It was d.o.t snell .
Well it didnt exactly offer you protection when it was under that accord. But I guess thats been pointed out to you already :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
:jester: Hey I take exception to that remark :rolleyes: I always wear my full face and all gear when riding my sportster.
You an odot are buds ain't ya :lol: Is your helmet and gear color coordinated wif yar scoot???

Oh and the repair to your post... Thats a freebie :p

Is anybody gonna point out that Snell doesn't rate half helmets?

Edited to add:

Troll.jpg

"There's a TROLL in the dungeon!!!!"

Therein lies the problem. You knuckleheads forget yer on the FRJ Forum? No thinkin' allowed!!!!

Keep that shit up an.... Yer outa here!

:yahoo:

:jester: Hey I take exception to that remark :rolleyes: I always wear my full face and all gear when riding my sportster.
You an odot are buds ain't ya :lol: Is your helmet and gear color coordinated wif yar scoot???

Oh and the repair to your post... Thats a freebie :p

Here lies the problem-my gear is all color coordinated to the 06 FJR I use to have which does not match the beemer and sportster I ride now although waiting to get an 08 FJR which still wont match the blue helmet and gear. :rolleyes:

I smell troll :jerry:

Don't know...he is from Hootersville , North Carolina...so perhaps he just doesnt know no better........

KM
Correction...zorkler just recently moved to NC after being in the northeast.

I know his his post was perfectly meant for the dogpile..I know I would have jumped in if I didn't know him in some way...and I know he does/did wear a half shell as I've seen him wear it a Ramble.

However, he's also lived through some pretty traumatic stuff which...if you look back through his posts you'll see that he's lived through some stuff that you wouldn't want to go through.

Continue the dogpile as you feel led...but know that real people live behind the screen names.

Hey, half helmets don't come with chin straps do they?.......wonabe squid.....PM. <>< :crazy:

hit me if you want its ok .And the helmet was run over by the car not hit . And is it possible after riding since i was 15 maybe 1 time iforgot to tighting the strap . And it dont make you and ass to wear a half helmet on any bike . Thanks alot WHEATON FJR

hit me if you want its ok .And the helmet was run over by the car not hit . And is it possible after riding since i was 15 maybe 1 time iforgot to tighting the strap . And it dont make you and ass to wear a half helmet on any bike . Thanks alot WHEATON FJR
No, no, it does make you an ass to wear a half helmet on any bike. What r you going to do when the poo poo hits the fan?? Remind yourself in the few milliseconds before your jaw looks like a horshoe around your spinal cord that you should turn around and make sure to use the hard side of the helmet??

Stop being a jackass: throw that helmet out (any lid that hit the ground AND got caught under a car is worthless anyway) and go get a proper, full face unit. I know a lot of guys wear flip-ups, but every evaluation ever agrees that they are not nearly as safe as their FF cousins.

-BD

I know a lot of guys wear flip-ups, but every evaluation ever agrees that they are not nearly as safe as their FF cousins.
I won't buy a flip 'cause I'd be tempted to ride with it up. Why not just use a 3/4, like the cops....