Hard Miles 2, The 2009 Iron Butt Rally DVD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaBoy

Reaction score
Dear FJR LD Riders,

Hard Miles 2 is currently in production and projected to be completed in July 2010. :yahoo:

At the Jacksonville IBA Dinner I presented a 20-minute preview of Hard Miles 2: The true story of the 2009 Iron Butt Rally. The 20-minute preview included the start in Spartanburg, SC; the Dike Bridge bonus, Martha’s Vineyard, Chappaquiddick, MA; the Pretty Boy Floyd Death Mask bonus at the Sturgis B&B, East Liverpool ,OH; and The Miss Laura’s Bordello bonus, Ft Smith, AR.

The 2007 Hard Miles was limited to video coverage of the start, the single checkpoint, the Mt Hamilton, CA, Lick Observatory Bonus and the finish. This year’s Hard Miles 2 more than triples the coverage with footage of most of the major bonuses. We had two camera teams (Colin Tanji in the rally van and myself on a motorcycle) and a cadre of guest camera ops and interviewers. We both covered the start and finish, but Colin Tanji covered the two checkpoints: St Charles, IL, and Santa Ana, CA, and finally the Spokane, WA, finish as well as his spectacular ‘backward pillion’ shots of the start and the finish. I rode my 03 FJR over 8,000 miles filming riders at most of the major bonuses, then jumped ahead of the riders arriving in Spokane to film the dramatic finish.

The FJR1300 is the ride of choice for many IBR veterans and rookies. There are 5 FJR's in the top 20 -- Greg Marbach 5th, Peter Behm 10th, Michael Evans 11th, Matt Watkins 13th and Dick Peek 15th. :clapping:

Hard Miles 2 puts you in the heat of the battle. It will put you in the rally alongside the rider, experiencing the rider’s meeting, late night routing and strategizing, then finally out on the road collecting bonuses and experiencing the amazing highs and emotional lows that take place hourly for 11 solid days! The two-set Hard Miles Combo DVD package will be the definitive Iron Butt Rally primer. All IBR5K riders should study, review, and discuss this video. Get some insight into why so many of the rookie IBR 2009 rider's DNFed. Almost everyone learns by their mistakes; this is a huge opportunity to learn how the top riders prepared, routed and strategically implemented their ride.

Pre-Sale Hard Miles 2 DVD:

We’re offering, to those who purchase in advance through our website using PayPal a special pre-order price of $24.95 plus shipping and handling. After the July release date the price goes to $29.95 USD plus shipping and handling, so don't miss out on this Early Bird offer.

Pre-Sale Combo Package:

PayPal order both Hard Miles: 2007 Iron Butt Rally DVD AND Hard Miles 2: 2009 Iron Butt Rally DVD for a special rate of $49.90 plus shipping and handling. If you take advantage of this offer, the Hard Miles: 2007 Iron Butt Rally DVD will be shipped immediately, the Hard Miles 2: 2009 Iron Butt Rally DVD will be shipped when complete in late July.

You can see a short video teaser and PayPal order here!

Visit My Website

Thank You!

Dean Tanji

IBA #232

Producer: '07 & '09 IBR Video - Hard Miles

Abracadabra Presentation Graphics, Inc.

1331 E. Edinger Avenue

Santa Ana, CA 92705-4416

• Presentation Graphics

• Full Service Video Production

• Meetings & Special Events

• Production & Staging

• Corporate & Business Theater

• Media Design & Production – DVD, CD-R

• Animation & Graphics Effects

Office: (714) 667-1010

FAX: (714) 667-5900

Mobile: (714) 822-5732

E-mail: [email protected]

To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click ----->https://ibdone.org/mailman/options/ldrider_ibdone.org

All content copyrighted (see ldriders.com)

Order Placed! and I can hardly wait to see another excellent Tanji production. I was glued to the computer during the '09 IBR and have the greatest admiration and respect for the riders and staff involved. It will be great to see many of them in person.

Kasey

Damn you! You get more of my money again!

I just hope that you got rid of that stupid bastard who was always saying stupid stuff in the background of Hard Miles 2007. :D

Damn you! You get more of my money again!
I just hope that you got rid of that stupid bastard who was always saying stupid stuff in the background of Hard Miles 2007. :D

Nope. He still wormed his way in for a quote or two. Two top 10 finishes requires a smattering of coverage in the Hard Miles 2 DVD. :p

Besides I owe the guy! He turned out to be my #1 Crash Test Dummy.

By association, all Tanji FlatBed Fuel Cell now have the un-official ScooterG Crash Test Seal of Approval. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered my copy a few weeks back. I really enjoyed the 2007 Hard Miles DVD and have loaned it to many friends you have never heard of the IBR. They were all impressed with it. I am really looking forward to Hard Miles 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one for me and one for my mother. She had a lot of fun following the reports during the rally this past year. And Dean, don't forget that another top 20 rider recently converted to the FJR fold...

I was in Jacksonville and saw the preview. For some reason, I don't recall the Miss Laura's footage. In anycase, it's (as always with Dean) very well done and I can't wait to get my copy!

...And Dean, don't forget that another top 20 rider recently converted to the FJR fold...
Wasn't aware of that. Congrats!
Thanks!

Yep, black 08. Was new at the dealer so got a nice deal on it. Picked it up in late January, right before the nightmare of snow began. You were probably aware of that... :) I've got motolights on her, a dash shelf and a fuse block. I'm not ready to give up the GS just yet so I haven't pulled the electronics off yet. I really need to lower it before I can feel very comfortable. It's a terrific bike when I'm riding it, not so much when I have to maneuver around. I knew it would be heavier than the GS, but didn't realize what that meant in the real world somehow...

I'm thrilled with it, just gonna take a little bit of time to make it mine!

P.S. My hair is at the bottom of my eyebrows in the front!

I will be selling seats for the viewing. Don't worry, the beverages and snacks wont be priced quite as high as they are at a regular movie theatre.