Harley-Davidson is going to discontinue Buell M/C line

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don S,

If you really want one, why not call them with the offer? So far, all I have heard is they are not responsive to email. There are a lot of people around that are still not very "wired" and continue to rely on stuff like phones and paper mail for communication. :rolleyes:

And faxes... When someone asks you to fax them something you know they are still living in the last century. :p

I wonder if this will help Fischer. From the articles I've seen, they make a sweet, American made, reasonably priced bike. See https://www.fischer1.com/Fischer_motorcycles.htm
Never heard of them before, so peaked my interest.

Wow... that is an extremely interesting web site. They talk about their "American Made bike" but fail to mention anywhere who makes the 650cc V-twin engine and transmission they are using in it, hoping that you will assume it is made in the US. But you'd be wrong if you did. On this page you'll note that they list:

Hyosung: Engineering in Japan and built in their state-of-the art engine and transmission factory in Changwon City, South Korea, Hyosung also operates a large assembly plant for Suzuki motorcycles.
So they are actually strapping a Korean designed and built engine into their Wisconsin built frame. I'm betting it's the same engine as in this bike: Hyosung GT650R

i_GT650R.jpg

I especially like this little bit of "marketing" puffery on the Fisher web site under "Specs":

PERFORMANCE Horsepower, crankshaft 80 @ 9400 RPM (tested with Ram Air pressurized)
:lol: They apparently hooked up a blower to their 650 V-twin, carburetted, Korean engine and were able to boost the engine output to 80hp? Go figure... :lol:

Geeze, I wonder what the FJR horsepower would be "tested with Ram Air Pressurized"... ;)

I'll pass... :glare:

I wonder if this will help Fischer. From the articles I've seen, they make a sweet, American made, reasonably priced bike. See https://www.fischer1.com/Fischer_motorcycles.htm
Never heard of them before, so peaked my interest.

Wow... that is an extremely interesting web site. They talk about their "American Made bike" but fail to mention anywhere who makes the 650cc V-twin engine and transmission they are using in it, hoping that you will assume it is made in the US. But you'd be wrong if you did. On this page you'll note that they list:

Hyosung: Engineering in Japan and built in their state-of-the art engine and transmission factory in Changwon City, South Korea, Hyosung also operates a large assembly plant for Suzuki motorcycles.
So they are actually strapping a Korean designed and built engine into their Wisconsin built frame. I'm betting it's the same engine as in this bike: Hyosung GT650R

i_GT650R.jpg

I especially like this little bit of "marketing" puffery on the Fisher web site under "Specs":

PERFORMANCE Horsepower, crankshaft 80 @ 9400 RPM (tested with Ram Air pressurized)
:lol: They apparently hooked up a blower to their 650 V-twin, carburetted, Korean engine and were able to boost the engine output to 80hp? Go figure... :lol:

Geeze, I wonder what the FJR horsepower would be "tested with Ram Air Pressurized"... ;)

I'll pass... :glare:
Do I note some skepticism?

Zorlac, Fred W and ShinyPartsUp: I called Ocala Buell as soon as they opened up in Florida and spoke to a really nice guy named Kenny at 1-866-252-3749. Here is the deal: $7,069 Out-The-Door. Breakdown: Bike - $5,995; Dealer Fee: $695; Tire Fee: $3.50; Arizona Sales Tax at 5.6% - $375.50; the last one surprised me, but Kenny said there is now a nationwide agreement in effect between the States where they pull out the home states taxes and send it on to Arizona State Treasury.

Kenny said if I flew into either Orlando or Gainesville airports he'd send a driver over in the company truck to pick me up.

https://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/20...-1125R-94825513 HOWEVER, just since yesterday the other Buell dealers across America have jumped on the bandwagon and in todays CycleTrader new hot price is only $5,695; 500 miles closer.

I'm going to wait until 10/31 before I go after a 1125CR, I think some of these H-D dealers are going to cut $$ even further!

Dealer fee: $695 :blink: WTF kind a BS is that? :unsure: I know you've bought yopur fair share of bikes in the past, Don. All the dealers I've ever seen advertise the price of the bike including any dealer profit built into the price. Sometimes they try and tack on stuff like delivery, dealer prep, etc, etc. These are all just scams to allow them to falsely advertise prices that they can't actually deliver on. Even if Kenny was the salt of the earth, a dealer that pulls these kinds of shenanigans deserves extra scrutiny befoe making any deals with them.

Dealer fee: $695 :blink: WTF kind a BS is that? :unsure: I know you've bought yopur fair share of bikes in the past, Don. All the dealers I've ever seen advertise the price of the bike including any dealer profit built into the price. Sometimes they try and tack on stuff like delivery, dealer prep, etc, etc. These are all just scams to allow them to falsely advertise prices that they can't actually deliver on. Even if Kenny was the salt of the earth, a dealer that pulls these kinds of shenanigans deserves extra scrutiny befoe making any deals with them.
I agree. And $3.95 tire fee? Another WTF!? Is that a charge to put air in the tire? I'd wait too. Worst case scenario is you don't find one new anywhere in America and you have to buy one used with a couple thousand miles after somebody gets to feeling they can't afford it. And I seriously doubt all the 1125CR's are going to disappear off showroom floors. They didn't before, why now?

Unless an out state dealer is doing all my title & registration work too, I can pay the sales tax when I register the bike.

I queried another dealer today on a 12XT, (I actually test rode one at her dealership a year or so ago) I didn't mention any numbers, but since they are in NJ they'd definitely be collecting the sales tax.

We'll see, I'm going to be patient to the point that if they don't come to my price I'll be Buelless. :p

The Fischer got a pretty good review by Motorcycle Consumer News. From what I understand Hyosung has been making some of Suzukis parts for years. Of course a limited, if at all, dealer nertwork could be a pain. I'll stick with the FJR, but if you wanted to be the only one on the block with that bike, I bet you would be. If I was wealthy, I'd own one just to see how many people ask what it is.

I agree. And $3.95 tire fee? Another WTF!? Is that a charge to put air in the tire? I'd wait too. Worst case scenario is you don't find one new anywhere in America and you have to buy one used with a couple thousand miles after somebody gets to feeling they can't afford it. And I seriously doubt all the 1125CR's are going to disappear off showroom floors. They didn't before, why now?

1125CR's have been getting great reviews. Motorcycle USA ranked the 1125CR ahead of the Ducati street fighter (may be the reviewers were on HD payroll, but I doubt it). I test rode one. A very good motorcycle indeed, even if somewhat weired looking. If the price is slashed in half, I will get one irrespective of the fact Buell is discontinued. This is the reason they will disappear off the showroom floors.

I agree. And $3.95 tire fee? Another WTF!? Is that a charge to put air in the tire?
S.O.P. in F.L.A.

Any tire purchase, whether singly, in sets, or already mounted on a vehicle, comes with a "Tire Disposal Fee" tacked on, with the assumption that one day that tire is going to be worn out and will be replaced, thereby needing to be disposed of.

'Howie

I agree. And $3.95 tire fee? Another WTF!? Is that a charge to put air in the tire?
S.O.P. in F.L.A.

Any tire purchase, whether singly, in sets, or already mounted on a vehicle, comes with a "Tire Disposal Fee" tacked on, with the assumption that one day that tire is going to be worn out and will be replaced, thereby needing to be disposed of.

'Howie
Oh thanks, Uncle Howie! And when I wear out these tires here in Arizona, can I run them back to your house and throw them on your front yard. Would you please be a dear and run them back to Ocala Buell for me? Oh, you're just so precious!

1125cr out the door of the HD shop for $5000 and

in my shop for $5500 tags, and Ins.

Chuck

P.S. Highland H.D. LaVale, Md. 240-362-0200 3 left.

S.O.P. in F.L.A.

'Howie
Oh thanks, Uncle Howie! And when I wear out these tires here in Arizona, can I run them back to your house and throw them on your front yard. Would you please be a dear and run them back to Ocala Buell for me? Oh, you're just so precious!
[SIZE=24pt]MUAH![/SIZE] :wubsmiley:

Picking up '08 1125r tomorrow.

$6000 out the door. I will just have to pay the tax in N.Y. when I register it. Purchased at Liberty HD Buell in NJ.

I've had my eye on this bike for a while. I have an '03 XB9 also and I love it.

When Cheryl and I got the news of Buell closing down, she insisted on buying the 1125r for me. How could I say no?

Tim

1125cr out the door of the HD shop for $5000 and in my shop for $5500 tags, and Ins.

Chuck

P.S. Highland H.D. LaVale, Md. 240-362-0200 3 left.

My buddy just got an 09 cr for $5300 out the door, Harley of Gillette, WY. They have more...hopefully they still have more in 6 months...