Harley Davidson RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, this HD RR is wimpy.

I woke up hung-over.

Tyler hadn't called me back, so I didn't know if the meet was on or not..

Ms. dCarver decided to leave on time in the cage with Harley-D-Dawg, trusting T the message got through.

Me, not so sure!

I took the Harley, aka TrailerQueen, which meant a tow in the Racer Trailer for the 3 miles of dirt road behind the might 460 F250.. lol..

Arrived in Paso, Tyler had been there, ahem, sometime now..

mentioned something about 'Girls waiting on guys'... I had to laugh given her 'grooop' for the weekned... :lol:

Still, Tyler looked GREAT. My gawd, not bad for being run over a semi, eh? Sure, I kind of noticed she struggled a bit during certain moves - but Jebus, who wouldn't?

At breakfast, one thorn in row of roses..

DSC07352.jpg

Tyler ready to leave -

She loved the REVERSE gear..

DSC07354.jpg

I kinda poked T to see what the day ride looked like, she had plans, so I road a favorite local road. I actually had so much fun riding this old POS Harley that I didn't quit riding till nearly the sun was down... I know you Metric guys don't get the Milwaukee iron, but I do. It's special. Take a deep breath. Relax. Then again. See a cop? Who the **** cares? You're legal.

You and the big twin, thundering down the road. Ahh. Stopped by a local joint on the way to the lake. Live mooosic, good food. Talked to a youngster on an Aprilla RSV. Great guy. Told him I'd try to NOT embarrass him on the twisities back home else he would satanically desire a Harley.

DSC07356.jpg

All in all, a great ride one I did not take so may pix of, 'cause I was having a great ride.

Yes, boyz, this is a 1991 motobike with 148k on the clock..

Will your FJR be around the same time later?

DSC07358.jpg

I love my 1991 Ultra :wub:

Peace out Metric doodes..

dcarver

Good times is good times, regardless of the skoot you ride.

i love the FJR, and it is the ICBM of choice, but would still love to have a vintage Brit twin for poking down back roads with the wind in my face. Different kind of ride, for a different purpose. Kinda like the guys I used to fly with in the Canadian air force: F-18 all week, and a Stearman or old Champ for poking around and boring holes in the sky on the weekend.

Glad you enjoyed the ride, and the day... screw the folks that don't get it :)

Griff

I ride my 103" (1690cc) Street Glide on Sundays when I just want to relax and enjoy the scenery . It is always a pleasurable experience.

My FJR is a vastly superior bike , but it's all adrenaline

Good times is good times, regardless of the skoot you ride.
i love the FJR, and it is the ICBM of choice, but would still love to have a vintage Brit twin for poking down back roads with the wind in my face. Different kind of ride, for a different purpose. Kinda like the guys I used to fly with in the Canadian air force: F-18 all week, and a Stearman or old Champ for poking around and boring holes in the sky on the weekend.

Glad you enjoyed the ride, and the day... screw the folks that don't get it :)

Griff
Well said, Griff! I know exactly what you are saying, I enjoy my FJR and my BMW fleet for covering the miles, muy rapido! But there are so many times I just enjoy a leisurely putt out on a back desert road on my H-D FXD. If my girlfriend Donna would let me stash another bike in her garage, I'd love a Norton Commando 850. Had a Norton Atlas 750 for many years!

Mi Hermano Donaldo, great Ride Report. Relaxing and fun day was had by you folks. I absolutely love Tyler's smile, she just lights up a room. And, Miss T is WICKED besides all that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if your being carried along by a Road Zeppellin or sitting on a JATO rocket. It's the ride that counts.

Glad you had a great ride. The wife and I rented an anniversary Ultra in Vegas and putted down to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Jerome, 89A, etc. Great, relaxed ride.

The thing I love about Harleys is that for me, I have to relax and just slow down because, well, they just aren't very fast. Rented a Road King on Maui for the Road to Hana - another nice, relaxed ride.

Basically, I find that an HD feels stressed when trying to wick it up, so why bother? The FJR feels almost bored at 130+.

If I had the cash, I would most definitely have one in the garage. In the interim, I'm hooked on the speed rheostat that is the FJR. The wife likes the couch on the back of an Ultra.

All in due time.

-Sharif

Well said, Griff! I know exactly what you are saying, I enjoy my FJR and my BMW fleet for covering the miles, muy rapido! But there are so many times I just enjoy a leisurely putt out on a back desert road on my H-D FXD. If my girlfriend Donna would let me stash another bike in her garage, I'd love a Norton Commando 850. Had a Norton Atlas 750 for many years!
**** THREAD HIJACK ALERT ****

Nearly killed myself in highschool on an old Norton Commando that had the controls all bass-ackwards a la Britain. Had to stop in a hurry and grabbed/stepped on the wrong things... a definite wake-up call :) Would love to find an old BSA/Triumph/Norton, tribute to the old man and his BSA twin and AJS thumper from the 40's.

**** THREAD HIJACK COMPLETE: WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING ****

**** THREAD HIJACK ALERT ****

Nearly killed myself in highschool on an old Norton Commando that had the controls all bass-ackwards a la Britain. Had to stop in a hurry and grabbed/stepped on the wrong things... a definite wake-up call :) Would love to find an old BSA/Triumph/Norton, tribute to the old man and his BSA twin and AJS thumper from the 40's.

**** THREAD HIJACK COMPLETE: WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING ****
Griff, dcarver will not mind a little thread hijack, if it features Old Iron; he's as nutty about the Oldies as we are. Here she is, this is my Norton Atlas 750; mine was auburn, though!

https://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/19...-Atlas-96989010

96989010_1thumb_550x410.jpg

I was recently drooling over a 2010 Street Glide 110 CVO (till I saw the price tag). Never to replace the FJR, even at 2X the price. But if I had a multiple bike garage, who knows.

Anyway, Your 91 Ultra has aged well. Beautiful ride, and I love the color.