Heated Glove Liners or Heated Gloves?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
I really think I would like to get the heated glove liners so I can use them with the gloves I already own but I wanted to know you thoughts on if one works much better than the other? Am I better off using the gloves or do the liners work well or better than the gloves? This is all the theory for me because I have never bought heated gear before but I would think the liners would be a little warmer because they are so form fitting and tight against your hands? Any real word experience?

When it gets cold I use my Tourmaster Winter Elite Gloves. I use a leather glove for my medium warmth gloves and I have the RevIt Summer gloves for when it gets warm. The liners would be able to fit under all of these gloves if it got cold quickly on a longer trip.

i17632.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide a link showing these liners?

We've all accumulated gloves. I keep singing the praises of Gerbings Heated Snowmobile Gloves. They get nice and warm.

Can you provide a link showing these liners?
We've all accumulated gloves. I keep singing the praises of Gerbings Heated Snowmobile Gloves. They get nice and warm.
Here are the glove liners. I had a chance to put them on at the Lng Beach show and they fit very snug and right up against your skin which makes me wonder if they would acually be warmer. LINK

gloveLiner_orig.jpg

2006FJR:

I think your reasoning is sound. I've had FirstGear/ Warm 'n Safe heated gloves and Gerbing's heated gloves (classic) and neither one gets hot enough for me. My personal preference is the Gerbing's gear, so I sent them back to have a tech evaluate them and "heat them up" if possible. I'm not sure it made much difference, but I must say that their customer service was excellent.

I think you are on the right track with the liners.

One last thing about these liners. Gerbring told me this was their first product with the newer Microwire technology. They had this wire that was about the size of a fat wide shoe lace that heated up quickly and got very hot. They told me this allowed customer to have this right up against their skin unlike the socks. They said they were going to slowly move this newer technology into the rest of their line.

It looks to me that YOU are going to be the "test mule pilot" for these. The liners make a lot of sense. I have the classic gloves and the insulation does reduce the "feel" at the controls because of the loose fit where the liners may not because of their snug fit.

I'll have to take a look at the bike show in San Mateo nest weekend.

For me the problem is warm hands perspiring and then getting cold.

If I could keep them dry, the gloves I have would probably be plenty warm.

Santa is getting me a pair of the Gebrings liners. I will let you know arter Christmas how I like them, but I like liners under my gloves anyway and figure that heated ones would suit me. In the shop, the liners fit nicely.

Why not look at Premiere Cycle Accessories and the gloves they offer along with the rest of their electric clothing?

I am not a sales person for them or connected it any way, everything I have gotten from them has been very good to eccellent and excellent customer relations with exchanges or problems.

I had a pair of the Gerbing liners that I'd wear under a pair of snowmobile gloves. The snowmobile gloves came with liners and I swapped those out for the Gerbings. The combo worked extremely well and heat was never ever a problem. The particular snowmobile gloves I have were just cumbersome enough to make the switchgear awkward. Also, I had to make sure the gloves were plugged in before the outer layers were put on because I didn't have the dexterity to do the plugs with gloves on. Double gloving also meant one more thing to do before riding off, but it wasn't a big deal.

I also wore the Gerbing liners under some regular motorcycle gloves. It worked, but the combo was too tight. Because the Gerbings were so packed, I'd occasionally get lightly burned on the outside of my thumb's web.

Since then I've gone to the Gerbing G3s. They are not as warm, but they are warm enough and much more comfortable.

I've got the Widder gloves (he's going out of business, so don't get them) and they don't get hot enough for me unless I crank them up so that the vest is too hot. My wife has the Gerbing vest/gloves and they work very well for her. I haven't tried liners, but I've got so many things to remember to put on now I sometimes forget something and find myself having to pull over and start over.

I went to my local Gerbring dealer and here is what I found out. The liner WILL keep you warmer but having a liner in your glove can restrict your hand movement and it did for me. The liner is a better choice in climates where the glove is not hot enough. I tried on the G3 glove and it felt great but it is not totally waterproof even though it says it is. I think I am going to go with the glove and I will keep the heat off 90% of the time but if it starts getting cold and rainy on the way home I will not need to pull over and put in on. I know there is no way I will laways have the liner on so the glove is a better fit for me.

I found the Gerbing liners to be bulky under my gloves. My solution was to pull the wires out and got a pair of insulated motorcycle gloves that I liked (Lee Parks Designs). I turned them insideout, peeled back the insulation, threaded the wire through the gloves in the same pattern as Gerbing, soldered up the wires and now I have an awesome pair of heated gloves that are not too thick and are very comfortable.

I've had both and prefer the Gerbing G3 gloves to their liners. The liners work but are a hassle to deal with and not as comfortable as the G3s on long rides. The G3 gloves are very versatile with respect to temp ranges in which they can be worn.

The other problem with liners is keeping them in the glove. Kind of a hassle when compared with a regular heated glove.

I tried the Gerbings liners and found they add bulk to the inside of the gloves too tight of a fit and the heating wires are uncomfortable, I have a pair of Gerbings orginal gloves but found they are not are form fitting as my own winter gloves I had Gerbings put the heating wires in my own winter gloves, I have Held Narvick, to have Gerbings custom install wires cost the same as the liners around $80.00 that price was 3 yrs ago, also I need a glove that have the rubber wiper on the finger.

Marcus

A bud wanted heated grips for his ATV but got Synergy gloves. So he gave them to me. They suck. Thumbs to short, the left glove is hotter than the right, wiring is awkward. Useless.