Heated Liner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my WnS liner and remote today; looks like a project is waiting for me tonight! :D Could have really used it on yesterday's ride, lol, but there are many more cold days ahead...

I'll check that out--I've got one ordered that will be here by end of this week (gift for my wife). Once I get it, I'll post a review.
Any news to report on the Mobile Warming heated vest, or was that a jacket?

I'll check that out--I've got one ordered that will be here by end of this week (gift for my wife). Once I get it, I'll post a review.
Any news to report on the Mobile Warming heated vest, or was that a jacket?
I did get the Mobile Warming heated jacket for my wife. The report? It's a pretty nice jacket that can serve as a liner. It takes a rechargeable battery that you plug in and then hook into the vest. The heat output is really nothing to write home about. It works well for walks around the block, sitting out at a game, etc. There is definitely some noticeable warmth it produces, but it is nothing like my Tourmaster Synergy when it comes to heat output. To keep a pillion warm it would help but you get nowhere near the heating of a plug-in.

I have been running the Gen IV rig with the dual controller since it came out in some pretty cold weather in the teens for about 7 hours of riding with no issues. Great set up.

I have the warm n safe jacket and gloves and they are crazy warm when I can get them to work! Still trying to figure it out! Sometimes I get heat to the jacket and not the gloves or vise versa! And I haven't changed anything on the plugs! But love the heat when it works for me! I see lots of jacket and glove ideas but what are guys wearing to keep the lower have warm?

Just bought this at cycle gear. It came with the temp. controller. I have a set of Tourmaster winter gloves, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist adding the matching, heated gloves!!

I'm really looking forward to heated gear. This will be the first year I've worn heated gear and I'm beginning to feel spoiled!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if anyone runs the Gerbing's with a warm n safe heat troller,jacket or gloves? On Gerbing's site it says not to combine differnt manufactors! Any thought on this?

Well I know this is getting to be an old post! But still wondering if anyone has combined the Gerbing's stuff with Warm-n-Safe heated jacket or gloves? I like the thought of Gerbing's heated pants being able to be worn over you clothes instead of putting a liner on then have to dress! Thanks for any info or insight!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Olympia Air-Glide mesh jacket and pants...because I plan to ride down south in the summertime full time fairly soon. I got these on a recommendation from one of my southern FJR friends and am mighty glad I did. Summer temps in 95+ were not killer temps.

However I still live in the upper midwest so I needed something for those cold late fall and early spring rides in my present locale. Based on what I read on this board, I got a Warm n Safe latest gen jacket liner this past off season, and also some Powerlet glove liners.

I frostbit my hands and toes when I was a foolish young-un, so my hands and feet are always the first to get cold. However, I am very happy with the setup I have now. I don't need electric lined pants...the Oly over my jeans and underalls is enough in the coldest temps. I use wool socks over my SIDI motorcycle socks.

You can definitely run a Gerbings liner off a Warm'nSafe Heattroller. No problem there.

But I would recomend that you skip the heated pants liner until you first try riding with heated jacket liner and gloves. Maybe add heated socks or foot beds if you get cold feet. I have never found a need for heated pants liner on an FJR, what with the wind protection and engine heat tempering things on your legs. A good set of regular wind/waterproof riding pants with some Poly-Fleece sweatpants (or jeans if you must) underneath is plenty good enough for arctic conditions. Keeping yopur torso toasy goes a long way towards keeping your extremities warm. ;)

If you find that you must run the pants liners, then you can always add them to your gear later.

Just returned yesterday from a 5 day trip. Temps ranged from 40 - 80. I'm done bringing tons of layers. I'm going to the electric side.

Just about ready to pull the trigger on the Synergy 2.0 sale at New Enough. Few questions:

1. Is it my imagination, or is the Synergy liner "thicker" than the Gerbing? More insulation?

2. I've read about the controller issue with this liner, has it been corrected?

3. Can I trust the sizing chart provided by Tourmaster/New Enough?

4. Gen I bin of facts says I have about 120 watts of reserve stator. The synergy pulls 65 (max), figure 20 for the gps, and 15 for my phone to charge. How much do grip heaters draw? Also, I'm thinking about some LED driving lights too. I don't want to over power my charging system. Any comments?

Any and all comments welcome - thanks in advance.

There is no issue mixing W&S and Gerbings gear or controllers, they all work on the same principle. Not sure of some of the off-brands like Tourmaster who have their own unique system. I`ll stick with W&S mostly, and have the odd Gerbings piece. Never had an issue with a W&S controller, nor know anyone that has.

I prefer the W&S gloves, the Gerbings G3`s sweat too much and your hands freeze, but I have a pair of T5`s to try out. I have a feeling the W&S will win out, but we`ll see.

I prefer the W&S jacket liner (I have the Gen 3 with wires) because it breathes. I can use it unplugged as an extra layer if it`s cool, or plug it in if it gets real cold. Of course, with any of this you need a windproof liner or jacket for the cold stuff.

As Fred says, pants liner with underwear or fleece is likely good enough. You`ll find heated pants liners only have heat in the knees and front of the thighs. For my arthritic knees, I like the heat.

I had Gerbings heated insoles for my shoes, but the tops of your feet are what`s exposed to the cold wind. I felt the Gerbings socks had more heating area than the W&S socks, so I got the Gerbings.

The jacket liner has a glove circuit which can be left integrated or separated. You want the separate circuit and a dual controller because you`ll always have the gloves cranked up higher than the jacket.

Thus, the jacket and pants and socks are all on one circuit, which can be adjusted for comfort, rarely will you have those on high.

BTW, those who opted for the W&S remote wireless controller, be sure to change the CR2032 battery in the remote before the cold season starts. If the battery is weak or fails, you will only get 50-60% heat by default.... in other words, if it`s not getting as hot as it should, change the battery.

And the bonus, on the W&S site, if you set up your profile that you belong to a certain motorcycling group (I think you do this on checking out), you get 20% off. And Mike is excellent with any customer service issue you might have.

Thinking of moving to a W&S too, I have the first gen Tourmaster vest. Up here, I find I miss the heated arm part after an hour or so. Also, I am on my second Tourmaster controller. The first gen was known for having some problems with the controller, making me want to switch brands the next time.