Heli Triple Clamp Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
Recieved the Risers for the new heli triple clamp today. Thought you may want to take a look.

Before we got started

DSC04169.jpg

What came in the package (along with the new hardware)

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

After installation:

DSC04172.jpg

Another great step in the right direction to increase long distance touring comfort and eliminate wrist pain.

Greygoose

Last edited by a moderator:
Greygoose,

Looks like the combination is just what I'm looking for. I've been watching their Website for pictures of their risers, which go on their new triple clamp. Haven't seen pictures there. Thanks for the nice photographs. Wonder what the cost of the risers was?

LC

Do you have to have their triple clamp to use the risers? Any idea how much the combination of the two moved things from stock?

Looks great, but I know what the triple clamp costs, and I bet the risers weren't cheap.

Thanks for sharing.

I was surpised that the price...They're 70 bucks. I thought they would try and milk us on them and price them at something over 100 dollars, but they kept them reasonable. I guess they figured that they already made there money on the clamp. The risers are of the same quality as the T-Clamp (which is like a piece of art). Installation is easy. The combination of the two pieces makes a substatial change in positioning and overall comfort. If your having back, wrist , or shoulder pain, this is probably the biggest modification you can make to relieve some of those symptoms. Triple clamp moves you back 1.5 inches. Risers bring you up another 3/4 of an inch. My corbin brings me down another 2 inches.

You have to take your build into consideration. I'm short...5'6 30 inch inseam....with stubby ass arms. Even with these changes, i still have a "slightly" forward position but with very little pressure on my wrists (which was my problem area due to the angle of the bars). If the bars came back another 2 inches, youd be gold wingin it.

These risers will not work with the stock T-Clamp....

GreyGoose

They sure look like they would work with the stock triple clamp. Possibly require some minor mods, but they are the same shape as the stock bars, with all the same holes.

I am wondering exactly what the problem is with making a set of risers only for the 06? I really dont feel like I need a $329 triple clamp to get the bars where I want them. I read all of the posts about the risers that were available, then recalled, and no more will be made for the 06. But I never saw a post where the problem was explained. Some sort of safety issue I presume?

They sure dont look that hard to make. Does anyone know what exactly is the problem with making risers alone for the 06?

There must be something I am not seeing in the difficulty index. :blink:

Roy

The problem comes with the adjustabitity of the stock 06 setup. I dont know why, but that seems to be the consensus. D&D will be coming out with a set of risers that are suppose to also put the bars closer to the rider. But they too have also had issues with the 06 adjustability (which is why there 05 units wont work on the 06). I went with this setup because i believe the Heli solution will be the most comprehensive of any other type of riser that comes out.

i should probably recind a previous statement i made about the heli riser not working with the stock setup. I should have said that heli says that this riser cannot be used with the stock setup.

GreyGoose

The problem comes with the adjustabitity of the stock 06 setup. I dont know why, but that seems to be the consensus. D&D will be coming out with a set of risers that are suppose to also put the bars closer to the rider. But they too have also had issues with the 06 adjustability (which is why there 05 units wont work on the 06). I went with this setup because i believe the Heli solution will be the most comprehensive of any other type of riser that comes out.
i should probably recind a previous statement i made about the heli riser not working with the stock setup. I should have said that heli says that this riser cannot be used with the stock setup.

GreyGoose

One way to find out...could you pull one off and check the fit on your stock setup :) It sure looks like it would work with longer bolts.

Thanks, Cary

What's the benefit of the triple tree alone? Does it pitch the bars back toward the rider or soemthing? Also, did you have to do any magic or chicanery with the cables and hoses?

This comes under DUMB QUESTION DEPARTMENT:

Does anybody make a longer handlebar end? One that sets up and back?

This comes under DUMB QUESTION DEPARTMENT:
Does anybody make a longer handlebar end? One that sets up and back?
Don't feel bad, I once asked a similar question. No one had an answer. It sure would seem an easier project to make a handlebar with the rise and pullback and wrist position required than try to tackle the riser construction problem. I don't want to pay the 300-400 just to put the bars where I want them. PM. <>< :)

What? Too cheap to buy me another steak (or was it the hacksaw?) so you installed them yourself?

You have now passed 'the trials' and are no longer a farkle Padawon. You are now a full Jedi Farkler! :assassin:

I am proud of you my son. Go forth and farkle at will.

The answer to some of the questions asked:

We hacksawed off the old triple clamp. Its now in a t-clamp graveyard somewhere (so i'm unable to test whether or not the new risers will work with a stock 06 setup).

Total cost of t-clamp with risers.......$410.00 delivered

Pappy, we'll be steakin it this week if your available. Took a shot at my nephew with a torque wrench for this one. I only utilize you for 'the big" stuff. :yahoo:

Heli triple clamp moves the bars back towards the rider 1.5 inches. there no rise with the stock heli setup. Additional risers set you up 3/4 of an inch.

No real trickery with cables and wires. Theres a minor adjustment made to the throttle cable position with the T-clamp (thats documented well). No additional adjustment was necessary for the risers.

There no doubt that this is an expensive (and time consuming) farkle, But its 'the ticket" for decreasing wrist, back, or shoulder pain. My major concern was wrist pain. Heli t-clamp decreases it 75%. Risers took out the other 25%. I really like this combination.

Any other questions?

GreyGoose

Last edited by a moderator: