helmet lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Probs... Will be riding that way with the bride this summer too.. Son moved to Indy so now we have a reason to head that way..

I have been using Bolt Lock. The peg bolt lock mount fits exactly on the the small bolt on the top of the tail deck, and it comes with a short cable for helmets, a long cable that I use to secure jackets and other stuff. The helmet sits just fine on the tail deck. Having said that the gun locks look like a pretty clean solution as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...

Now this is the kind of thing I could really get behind, so to speak. :eek:

BoltLock.jpg

I use the touring rack with the helmet guardian attached from premier cycle. Very clean, and the helmets when locked dont rest on a pipe or anything else. I like it.

IMAG0030.jpg

Here's my solution (note - I actually feed the line through the face shield area as someone pointed out would be better after I posted the pictures):

Details of how to do it yourself for just a couple dollars:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102492
Yours and Fred's solution works great for my needs. Fred's looks to be simpler and doesn't require a bracket to install. I like the helmets on the seat to discourage people sitting on it and much of the time I'll have 2 helmets to lock up which just requires a bit longer cable. I don't have many options anyway since I may wind up buying a Nolan N90 modular which doesn't have a D-Ring on the helmet strap (D-Ring needed for Helmet Guardian).

How much cable would I need to secure 2 helmets and 2 jackets?

for you Gen I's...

I read this on the forum and posted it once before, so...

I rarely feel the need to lock my helmet, but on the rare occassion I do,

there is a tab on each side of the tank under the side of the seat...loop the D ring on the tab and snap the locking seat back on...whalla !!!

3448159967_3004bf44a6_z.jpg

3448159969_2c6dc00632_z.jpg

3448159973_a7963f875f_z.jpg

I ride with my bags on all the time, so I simply open a bag, slide in the helmet strap and close the bag on it. The helmet is now securely locked to the saddle bag.

Being this thread has been re-opened, I just wanted to point out some updates.

Besides having helmet locks now on both sides of the bike with the HG (away from the exhaust), you also have the ability to add BMW electrical outlets (one or two).

They can hardwired direct to the battery for a charger, air compressor, heated clothing, etc..

And you don't have to remove your seat.. They are available in frame matching silver only, black has been discontinued...

Thanks, Scott

Right side, no outlets:

Left side, single outlet