Helmet talk....what are you wearing??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had an Aria Signet GT - loved it - fit was great used it for 7 yrs

Went to get a new lid - none of the new Aria helmets would fit

Tried a bunch on the old mellon - after about 3 months of looking and trying on everything I could get my hands on

Went with the Shoie X-11 - great fit - nice optics - love how easy it is to pull the visor off ( didn't know this when I bought it but really came to love it)

Really great air flow on hot days and closes up nice on cooler days

After much pain and searching for ages. Found a great store with what seemed like 100's of helmets to try on. Figure the more expensive ones fit :) . I went with the ARAI Vector. Best helmet i have ever had. Fits much better after the laser eye surgery too. So much nicer to ride with out glasses.

Josh

Here's my helmet:

vr2-stealth-se.jpg

It's a KBC VR2 Stealth. I really like it; although, I liked my VR1 better. Good fit and good venting. I just wish it was a little quieter.

just bought a nice looking HJC CL-16 Hellion (I have an image to maintain you know) from newenough.com and it fits me to a "T" and feels very good on.

Has good ventilation also and color scheme matches the Galaxy Blue FJR.

Very happy with it for $115 delivered to my door.

I have a shark that I wore for a year; then replaced it with a scorpion exo-700. Currently riding w. an HJC carbon. Love the light weight.

Just bought this from kneedraggers, with an extra shield, delivered to the house for $401, no cut to the pimp-daddy gubmint!

9bd48515afa502d91187411c4ec5adb5_rough.jpg

:yahoo:

:assassin:

Does it come with a set of sweet assless chaps with the fringe? :aarock:

Just got rid of the POS Zox flip up and have a Shoei RF1100 in white on the way. $359.00 to the house. Ouch!!
I have the RF1100. You'll love it!

yup B) just got a pair for the wife and i... got the matte black to the house for $315

they work/fit/look awesome and the teamsets fit in them perfectly B) very happy with them..

Shoei Multitec. Love it and it's the only one I wear.

I have a Shoei RF-800 and Nolan N-102 sitting around the house, but I really consider them both retired.

On the N-102 vs. N-103 thing -- I have an oval shaped head and the Nolans are really designed for rounder tops, the N-103 even more so than the N-102. The N-102 fit okay front to back but was a little loose on the sides. Still, I wore it for several seasons and was generally happy with it. I tried the N-103, wore it for one rally, and it actually left a bruise on my forehead. It was resold. If you're thinking about upgrading to the 103, definitely try it on for an extended period first.

After much pain and searching for ages. Found a great store with what seemed like 100's of helmets to try on. Figure the more expensive ones fit :) . I went with the ARAI Vector. Best helmet i have ever had. Fits much better after the laser eye surgery too. So much nicer to ride with out glasses.

Josh

+1