Helmet talk....what are you wearing??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm still not getting it. Not seeing how to then get the cheek pad back in its slot with the clip in place. I fear this Sena device is going to go into the great Stuff I Bought But Can't Use drawer.
Maybe these pictures will help. I left them full size so you can get a better view of it, and therefore will just give the links:

https://penetrode.net/scott/webpics/FJR/Sen...00/IMG_7590.JPG

https://penetrode.net/scott/webpics/FJR/Sen...00/IMG_7591.JPG

If it still doesn't work for you, you could always use the adhesive pad option that it comes with.

Started off with a Schuberth C3. Recently got the Nolan N103 for the wife, but I used it occasionally as well. I like the way the nolan fits my head but the C3 is quieter, better ventilated, lighter and more compact.

rf1100-hadron-tc6-m.JPG

I have to say that I haven't owned nearly as many helmets as most of you, as I'm a fairly new rider, but this RF-1100 is the most comfortable, high quality helmet I've tried. I can't think of any criticisms and would replace it with the same thing if I had to. I run mine with a light smoke shield, although I'm thinking about going with dark or mirrored.

Ummm lets see
1x Nolan N103 (my favorite right now)

2x Schuberth S1's

1x Schuberth C2

2x Shoei X11's (1 is my wifes)

1x open face Nolan

1x open face shoei

1x HJC full face.

Plan on getting a Schuberth C3 when i am in UK in July......

R
I like it when Fairlaner wears all of his helmets at the same time!

The "Cool Effect" is high with the mirrored shields but they're spendy and scratch uber-easy.
Yup...same sort of stuff we use on our canopies. We do add some other stuff to help protect the coatings. The canopy coatings are radar-proof too. I wonder if ours can keep the law from getting a good radar gun return? I need to do some tests... <_<

I'll get back with you on that. Cheers,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
No photos - you guys know what helmets look like. I have an Icon Hooligan (white with pale pink flames), a Shoeii Hornet and a Box (UK) helmet that I alternate between. Somewhere in the attic is a generic 3/4 helmet from my cruiser days but I know better now.

1 week and counting, the pound is weak right now it is looking good.........
R
Hurry, the pounds just gone up a bit against the dollar ...

[edit] IMHO the C3 is a good choice, only slight issue is a tendency for the visor to snap shut when you're going over a bump (I usually have mine open a tad) [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: