HID 35/42 and 50 watt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fossilrider

Reaction score
Searching for hid conversions I found this sight for Sunshine Industries.

https://www.s2ionline.com/cart/

Besides having standard H4 single beam, they also have the telescopic H4-3 and H4-4 (dual bulb) conversion kits. I have seen these in several places but now they seem to be available in different wattages.

35 watt standard - 3x halogen output

42 watt - 1.5 x 35 watt

50 watt - 2.0 X 35 watt

Thoughts or comments from any who have seen or had experience with these?

john

Eww!..... I feel oily after that website.

These kits produce a very intense ray of light.
I wouldn't expect the site to sound like something from a Physics class, but the idea that they don't know the difference that it's about more photons and not light ray intensity gives me reason to pause. :huh:

Our 50w kits are two times brighter than our 35w kits.
Either makes me wonder about their multipication skills....or maybe they're selling perpetual motion machines? <_<

Regardless, these kits are suboptimal for the FJR reflector with their mechanical solenoids. Trying to convert to an HID bulb for both high and low beam has been mostly a hassle for folks.

Thanks Ignacio, after much deliberation and reading I've decided not to pursue HId and have ordered Osram bulbs. For my type of riding, I think HID would have been nice but not a requirement.

john

One follow on link that I've included in various threads before....is the journey from stock to HID. It's not an all-or-nothing thing, but those FF50 auxilliaries are a great in-between. Clicky here.