HID Self Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey WC,Where are you in So Cal and how long you going to be here?
I'm in Anaheim, at the Clarion Hotel near, to the Convention Center, attending the Macromedia convention. I fly outta here Wednesday afternoon.

We really do not need the high beam with these babies? Even if we have no Eyes of God set up goin?
In my opinion, given the reflector housing we have in the FJR, that's pretty much true.

I've heard reports from several sources about the McCullough ballasts and ignitors dieing after 12-18 months.  I had planned to stay away from them.
Bingo!

My distributor had a box full of returns on those ballasts at one time. We all agreed the Hella ballasts were the only way to go. They were the only ones not coming back.

I'd be interested myself to see if they've improved at all. That Bi-Xenon thing sounds cool.

I'm in Anaheim, at the Clarion Hotel near, to the Convention Center, attending the Macromedia convention. I fly outta here Wednesday afternoon.
If I had some spare time I'd swing down and buy you a brew or two.

Can someone provide an explaination as to how this system will accomidate the high-beam function? Also, will a headlight modulator work (even in the low beam setting)? Thanks,

Can someone provide an explaination as to how this system will accomidate the high-beam function? Also, will a headlight modulator work (even in the low beam setting)? Thanks,
Both these questions are answered earlier in this thread.

No to the modulator, and a solenoid moves the bulb for low/high beams.

End of the week!?!
I can't wait that long. Let's go, WC!! Chop chop!

-BD
Are you waiting for new lights to put more miles on your bike?

Do you live in a bubble of darkness?

1350 miles since May of 05???

Man up Dawg!

:p :D
Not again!

Man you are a cold cat like skooter G! :cold:

-BD

He's merely inferring that you obviously can, in fact, afford to wait on the Group Buy, given the rate you tend to accumulate mileage on your bike. :lol:

Warchild

please put me in for the buy!

I just gotta have more forward vision ,, I have been struggeling with what I was going to add for more light

in addition to these ,, what do you recomend ??

He's merely inferring that you obviously can, in fact, afford to wait on the Group Buy, given the rate you tend to accumulate mileage on your bike. :lol:
Et tu, Brute?

Besides, I actually have 1400 miles, which is A LOT more than 1350. And my bike may not have as many miles as all of yours, but they were very high quality miles.

As Cartman from Southpark would say, "Screw you guys, and screw you guys".

-BD

I'm not where I can check my PIAA 910's for the type of bulb they use (H3? H7?). I've been thinking of converting them instead of the OEM headlights. This looks to be a good time.

And, from a professional staging rigger, I got the following heads up:

"You should tell those guys that they're slightly wrong on the

bi-xenon mechanism for displaying dipped-beam vs. high-beam on the

McCulloch capsule; there's no little motor sliding the capsule back

and forth...

Instead, there's a small servo-driven shutter that opens and closes.

In the closed position, light to the high-beam reflector's focal

point is blocked and the dipped-beam is all that's lit. When you

switch to high-beam, the shutter opens and voila!.

Not that it matters much in practice, but the shutter servo is

reputed to last *much* longer than sliding-capsule DC stepper motors."

Last edited by a moderator:
The PIAA 910 lamp takes a H3 bulb, so yes, this would be a good time to convert them, since it will less than $200 for the kit (containing two (2) HID lamps).

I'm interested. I don't understand how I could do without high beams, but I'm interested. The high-low servo option has got possibilities for me. Would also think about a set-up for the car.

Looking forward to the test results.

Thanks, WC. Don't let the impatient girls alter your testing schedule! :lol:

Patiently awaiting your test results, your benevolent dictatorness! This is getting to be an expensive Fall, what with shocks and HID's...

The significant attraction to me of this option is improving my lighting without having to hang additional driving lights.

Sounds interesting....

Had a plan to add those on the bike in the near futur under the mirrors using the brackets...

Could it be a little over kill by adding the HID Group buy unit as well?

Aren't we missing some posts here.. DOn't tell me we are deleting posts like on Ezboard?

James

Status
Not open for further replies.