Highway 36 and down the coast!!!!!! May 10-11-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi GuysI am going to be in Reno (Carson City) for Mothers Day weekend so i am planning to leave there Sunday morning (not my Mother) and heading up to Red Bluff for Tuesday night.

Monday I plan on going across 36 (my 1st time) and down the coast to San Francisco. I will spend the night in San Fran and head home on Tuesday.

Maybe Hans (JB) will be around for dinner night???????

My question is does anyone have the time or inclination for this?

R
==========

Richard.

What is your route from Reno to Red Bluff and time table??

I have never done 36 either...................

B.

Sorry Bob i thought you were talking to me... :rolleyes:
And yes meet sunday night ride 36-101 Monday home Tuesday.
So, when is KSU time on Monday in Red Bluff? I have to leave 312 miles early....
Bob i would suggest you came up on Sunday, KSU would be 7 to 7-30 is my guess.

Brian I am not sure right now, I am looking at either 395 to Susanville then 36 to Red Bluff or I could take 80 to the 20 and straight across to the 5.

Not familiar with the roads up there at all so maybe someone could put me straight?

I like the look of 36 all the way from Susanville to the coast.

R

Sorry Bob i thought you were talking to me... :rolleyes:
And yes meet sunday night ride 36-101 Monday home Tuesday.
So, when is KSU time on Monday in Red Bluff? I have to leave 312 miles early....
Bob i would suggest you came up on Sunday, KSU would be 7 to 7-30 is my guess.

Brian I am not sure right now, I am looking at either 395 to Susanville then 36 to Red Bluff or I could take 80 to the 20 and straight across to the 5.

Not familiar with the roads up there at all so maybe someone could put me straight?

I like the look of 36 all the way from Susanville to the coast.

R
==========

R.

I was thinking Susanville also..... maybe someone could chime in on 36 from there??? if you decide on this

route... I would stay the night there in Susanville and we could ride all the way to SF and I would just continue on home from there to San Jose ?? !!

B.

This would be do able for me.

Here are some more great roads Reno to Red Bluff

They include Hwy 49, La Port Rd, Bucks Lake Road and hwy 70

RenotoRedBluff.jpg

If your interested in any of these routes I can e-mail the Mapsource routes to you

_update-

== This is what my route is looking like..............

from Portola.... not Susanville

CLICKY

Looks like fun........ :yahoo: :blink:

B.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to be in Reno (Carson City) for Mothers Day weekend so i am planning to leave there Sunday morning (not my Mother) and heading up to Red Bluff...
I'd have a good excuse to be in Reno Sunday morning, but I'd have to take her to breakfast before I left town. Would something like that work?

Here's a route to Red Bluff....

Yes Bob that looks good, what time are you thinking?

Breakfast over and ready to roll by 9 to 9-30?

R

Bob what are you smoking today????????
I am heading from Reno to Red bluff on SUNDAY, I won't be near Sac any day..
Here, let me dumb it down a bit for ya...

I'll join you. I can meet you in Red Bluff, ride 36 to 101 south, then cut over on Hwy 37 back home to Sacto. I will make it a day trip.
I was thinking of joining up with Ric for the day ride from his home in...I'm assuming...Sacramento!

You are planning to run 36 on Monday, yeah?
Yep! I would love your company TC. Our departure time depends on Fairlaner's departure time from Red Bluff whatever that is. Figure 2 hours from Sac.

Sounds like Bob is gonna meet us in reno Sunday morning.

I would like to leave Red Bluff Monday am as early as possible 7am would be good, 7-30 latest,

R

R

What time would you guys be going past Portola????

clicky

Or should I ask is this the route you are taking??

B.

Last edited by a moderator: