Highway 36 and down the coast!!!!!! May 10-11-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm iffie, too much hotel expense* for yet another solo trip prior to CFR. I'll probably be in Reno on Saturday night, but leaving more like noon Sunday.

*I gotta plant some synthetic lawn in the backyard before a "School's out" party in June. That shit runs about $3.50 a square foot....

Fake grass=$800.00

Marital tranquility=Priceless!

I'm iffie, too much hotel expense* for yet another solo trip prior to CFR. I'll probably be in Reno on Saturday night, but leaving more like noon Sunday.
*I gotta plant some synthetic lawn in the backyard before a "School's out" party in June. That shit runs about $3.50 a square foot....

Fake grass=$800.00

Marital tranquility=Priceless!
Find Toothless Barbie, steal some of her indoor/outdoor carpet, install at your house then go ride, Toe! :****: :rofl:

R.

What time will you be passing bi Portola ??....... might take me a day ride to there

and you can pick me up on your way by......

Sleepy pines motel looks good to me..... this would be my quickest route.......

CLICKY ROUTE

Or maybe this route.........

CLICKY ROUTE #2

B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, so, Maybe if I meet you at Mad River, say the Mad River Burger Bar, and ride west to

101, and then south a ways, what day would you guys be on the western run of 36?

Ed Q

We are going from Red Bluff to the ocean on Monday morning.

Brian are you going to Portola on Saturday? if so I will meet you there Sunday am.

It is 78 miles from Carson City to Portola so i will be there earlyish.

R

We are going from Red Bluff to the ocean on Monday morning.
Brian are you going to Portola on Saturday? if so I will meet you there Sunday am.

It is 78 miles from Carson City to Portola so i will be there earlyish.

R
=====

R

I was thinking of doing a OM type ride.... just head out with no set game plan and end

up in Portola...... take some pics, stop and eat..... what ever catches my eye while en route.

Will talk about your ETA later..... I will be ready.

B.

Another tentative yes here. Don't know what the work load will be like on May 1 yet, but if I can make a hole in my schedule, Hwy 36 on a weekday sounds like great fun.

I'd probably join Ric in Sac and Weekend Rider to make it a day ride.

R...

I am meeting you in Portola, not Susanville........

This is the route I meant to post......

ROUTE CLICKY

This looks fun for me.

B....

=====FIXED==

It looks like we may have a flight of 3 leaving Sacto Monday am for a day ride. We could leave Sac at 0700 and be in Red Bluff by 0900 -- or start earlier if desireable.