Highway 36 and down the coast!!!!!! May 10-11-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$59 and $69 looks good to me.

But no bars close by so i am looking right now.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a travelodge for $64 including tax that looks good.
See HERE.
I've stayed there a couple times and would recommend it. Had a Blackbird meet there in June '06 and a bunch of us NorCal FJR riders stayed there on a ride that included Hwy 36 at the end of September 2006. Well located, swimming pool (for hot Red Bluff days), reasonable rates, AAA discount, walking distance to drinking, food and grocery/liquor outlets.

Hope you guys have a great time and enjoy 36, as well as riding down the coast on Hwy 1. Not many roads beat the approximately 25 mile section of Hwy 1 from its junction with 101 at Leggett to the coast. Maybe the best, most rhythmic hard core twisties on a great road surface ever. That's saying a lot when you're doing that stretch in the same ride as you do 36. As with 36, it's great in either direction.

Travel Lodge is fine......... I sleep alone Toe........ so ya gotta have the king :dribble:

Got a meeting to go to....... later

B.

Not to change your plans, but Highway 299 is far more scenic and maintained than Highway 36, and about the same amout of time, 36 gets to be 1 lane for several miles and is very rough on the Humboldt county side. 299 is smooth, and sweet. I would love to join you for the 101 south ride, maybe hook up and do lunch in Fortuna, if you go 299 lunch at the Samoa Cookhouse in Eureka.

Ed Q.

There is a reason i am doing 36.........

And Brian i booked my room at the Travel lodge.

R

Looks like a good ride fo everyone.

Are you interested in tenative rider joining you? I have a few details to work out but is do-able.

I would most like ly join up with Ric-n-sac and and meet up that way

I have way to much vacation time got to use it up

weekend rider

Richard,

Give me a wave... even a one-fingered wave as you go by. If it is later in the afternoon and you feel like a dinner stop, let me know. I can sneak out anytime after about 3.

Richard,Give me a wave... even a one-fingered wave as you go by. If it is later in the afternoon and you feel like a dinner stop, let me know. I can sneak out anytime after about 3.
=====

Two fingers for you Duff :rolleyes:

B.

R.

Got it .....

ok folks we are we at with this??????????

Brian is in, Toe what about you? and Ric?

How about the sac guys meeting us for lunch somewhere on the ride up to Red Bluff???????

R