Hooterville 400 spring fling!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Hi guys, just looking for some input for a spring fling... and not looking for any trouble. I told myself I wasn't going to put on any more group rides... But I really like the company it brings.

Not real sure on my work plan right now, but first or second weekend in May like last spring. Chances are I will not be working and would put on a work day on Thursday. Tire changing, TBS, oil, tune-up's, ect... We would have to eat catfish Thursday night because KSFJR says so. Take a nice ride on Friday of 300+ miles to the Anglers and call it a day. I was also thinking about staying somewhere different on Saturday night. If everyone wouldn't mind packing up and taking there stuff with them Saturday morning.

I was thinking about Clinton, there's a Super 8 there.. or even Marshall.. What do you veteran Hooterville riders think?? It will be a little more work mapping a route, but what the hell.

We could also just ride out of Bonne Terre, MO. I can string 2 days of great riding from my front door. Maybe ride down to Arkansas Friday and stay... Hit a few of the good roads and be back in Bonne Terre, on Saturday night. Just brain storming right now...

There won't be any door prizes, no entry fee's, or fancy dinners. Just a great group of riders, looking for a fun time.

Just in the plan stage, Smitty :)

Count me in!

I will go along with what you suggest! :yahoo:

Long live the Hooterville 400! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Crap-- this sounds too disorganized to be any fun. :angry2:

Count me in. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty,

I really appreciate you doing this again...whatever you decide is fine with me. Others may have preferences, but I do not. I will follow the threads for future info... :)

BTW, had a great today riding out to NW IL (Galena) with TriggerT. Good riding but 45mph wind gusts :dribble:

Still was fun on some of the few sweeper/twisties that Illinois has to offer.

I didn't make the last ones you have organized Smitty, sounds like to much fun to miss. As long as it happens to be one of the first two week-ends of May count me in. The third week-end I happen to have already planned.

devanator

Hey can you plan this legally? I would check with the gods first. Don't want to organize a ride in a state that is already taken.
The Hooterville rides have been around many times before. Lots of precedence. BTW, this is a free country...if you want to ride in Arkansas -ride!

Be careful guys. I don't want the rath of anybody coming down on us including administrators. let's keep it respectful. Just a thought.

devanator

Be careful guys. I don't want the rath of anybody coming down on us including administrators. let's keep it respectful. Just a thought.
devanator
+1

Smitty does a nice laid back no frills ride open to any and all bikes. :)

What say let's hold our opinions (good or bad) about the other issues for another thread? I'm sure there will be spirited and reasonable discussions about that else where. Hopefully the resulting decisions will be satisfactory for all. ;)

Let's just have some fun.

B)

devanator

+1
Smitty does a nice laid back no frills ride open to any and all bikes. :)

What say let's hold our opinions (good or bad) about the other issues for another thread? I'm sure there will be spirited and reasonable discussions about that else where. Hopefully the resulting decisions will be satisfactory for all. ;)

Let's just have some fun.

B)
+2

I'm in for any and all adventures in the land of Hooters. Especially 400 miles of them.

For me both weekends will work with the second weekend being the first choice but they will both work. Just leave out the rain.

Chester

I'm in for any and all adventures in the land of Hooters. Especially 400 miles of them.
For me both weekends will work with the second weekend being the first choice but they will both work. Just leave out the rain.

Chester
Maybe it was the pace that we were riding - but I don't remember any Hooters down yonder...

count me in. dont see any reason i couldnt make this.

i will squeeze it in between my for deals gap trips next year and my wisconson trip to

the superbike races and some time up in sturgeon bay.

:D

Well I got the "BAD" news the other day :( . My job will end and go to Mexico on Feb 28, 2006. I would just like to thank the U.S. goverment :angry2: , and N.A.F.T.A. :angry2: for giving good American jobs to Mexico. (sorry for the rant)..

I will set a date for the Hooterville Spring fling on May 12 and 13. Also it will be here in Bonne Terre, Mo. 63628. The reason to have is here is simple. Not real sure what I will be doing job wise, and great roads. I can put several great route together in the 300 to 400 mile range. This way you can pic how much time you want to spend in the saddle. I will also like to have several groups, this way no one is riding faster than they really want to.

If possible I will have a work day on Friday the 11th. That all depends on new job ect. If a work day is not possible, I will work as long as it takes to help anyone out Friday evening/night with tire changing ..farkels..ect.

Here's the phone # for the local Super 8 motel. Looking forward to the spring and getting back together. If anyone has any ideas, or just want to talk about it my # is on the help list. Or send me a pm with your # and I will call you back.........Smitty

Super 8 Motel

8 northwood dr.

Bonne Terre, Mo. 63628

Well. tthat sucks big time, hope they realize min. wage in Mexico is over $5 and day now.

Smitty, I don't know if you've given any thought to becoming more involved in motorcycle maintenance, but I for one, would support that decision if you did.