How about a Religion or Anti-Religion Thread?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite quotes:
"God doesn't have a favorite religion, or football team."

You are all right, you are all wrong, and in the end it probably wont make a bit of difference. Coexist, and get over yourselves.
Were's I put that fuckin' button?! HILLARY?
Bill, that is not Monica, it is the cat! Now put the one ball I let you keep away!

If He is all powerful can God microwave food so hot even He couldn't eat ? You see I don't think these theologians are askin' the right questions!!!

One of my favorite quotes:
"God doesn't have a favorite religion, or football team."
What bullshit. Who the heck said that?

Clearly he roots for the Saints!!

[SIZE=8pt](that must be why they historically do so well...)[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far lets recap. On the religion side of the posts we have covered (disparaged) several different religions, brought up weak hermeneutics for the genesis narrative, discussed monotheism vs polytheism, mentioned the obligatory war/killing which in effect is measuring a belief system by its abuses, not its tenants, and a few more I'm sure I missed.

It makes for pretty funny reading and makes me think we could have some more threads which are equally as much fun.

For example, lets start talking about how to diagnose and treat a myocardial infarction. Just jump in, please don't be put off by your own ignorance. You have a heart, right? The you should be qualified on the subject. You say you have not studied the the development of diagnostic methodologies? Well, go ahead and poke some fun at early mistakes that were made in the feild.

What about engineering? Let's discuss structural integrity under different types of stress. Hmm, you don't understand even basic physics huh? Well, you live in a house so you are qualified. Don't worry about strain mapping, weld modeling, residual stress, or any of that technical stuff. Why should trained and liscened engineers have all the fun?

So you don't have the foggiest concept of the history of doctrine? You don't understand the abuse of a belief system is not a grounds to evaluate it on, neither do you have a nuanced hermenutic which can properly adduce meaning from centuries old narrative, and other genres of ancient literature. Oops, did you know there were different genres of literature? Well what do you have? Ah, some cute quips and witty reparitee. Well, that qualifies you to discuss theology.

I guess we can pick any subject we have neither the background or training to discuss and just jump in with both feet, heck, I bet I can make up some plausible sounding trife in almost any subject.

Happy April FOOLS Day Indeed! :blink:

Well, I think that pretty much sums up why this rare sporting event is not generally allowable banter.

You don't get invited to many parties, do you?

OK, first off, if you are taking any of the threads in this area seriously, you need to have you head pulled out of your arse.

FWIW, in regard to religion, I was raised catholic, studied Islam and Zen, and lived for a year and a half with devout Buddhist's and Hindu's. Does that make me an expert, no. Does it give me a little more insight than most people, I think so.

Only slick Willie could get some action if he were living with those kind of folks. Course it would be from their cow, but I know he isn't that picky.

Well, I think that pretty much sums up why this rare sporting event is not generally allowable banter.
You don't get invited to many parties, do you?

He'll likely get invited to the only one that counts.

Well, so far lets recap...It makes for pretty funny reading and makes me think we could have some more threads which are equally as much fun...For example, lets start talking about...don't be put off by your own ignorance....why should trained and liscened engineers have all the fun...I guess we can pick any subject we have neither the background or training to discuss and just jump in with both feet Happy April FOOLS Day Indeed!
:bigeyedsmiley: :lmaosmiley:

Today you're reading the comics but still looking for accurate, valid and balanced technical information? If anyone actually wrote a serious reply to this thread they should be banned.

Well, so far lets recap...It makes for pretty funny reading and makes me think we could have some more threads which are equally as much fun...For example, lets start talking about...don't be put off by your own ignorance....why should trained and liscened engineers have all the fun...I guess we can pick any subject we have neither the background or training to discuss and just jump in with both feet Happy April FOOLS Day Indeed!
:bigeyedsmiley: :lmaosmiley:

Today you're reading the comics but still looking for accurate, valid and balanced technical information? If anyone actually wrote a serious reply to this thread they should be banned.
AHMEN BROTHER! +1, Gunny, WOOF!, Fuzzy Balls, hell lick my balls.

Wow, I've posted serious FJR questions that did not get this kinda reply.

Why Yes, I get invited to quite a few parties, thanks, just had a great weekend long one with my son and a bunch of other guys. It was a blast.

I'm enjoying "reading the comics" :p here quite a bit.

TriggerT, you have more experience that most!

I was merely pointing out that "meaningless banter" can exist on a number of subjects the majority of us are not really qualified to discuss and it can be just as much fun, but should be understood as fodder.

Anyway, as they say in Jersey, (usually after something entirely inappropriate) ...I'm just saying!

[SIZE=14pt]HAIL SATAN![/SIZE]

...and Clapton is a God? Yeah, maybe back when he played with Ginger Baker. He is old and sucks now...

And we all know there are no other Gods before or after Hendrix.

pinheads....

...and Clapton is a God? Yeah, maybe back when he played with Ginger Baker. He is old and sucks now...
And we all know there are no other Gods before or after Hendrix.
Fer Satan's Sake, EC was annointed as "God" in the London underground when he was with John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers (post-Yardbirds, pre-Cream and pre-Hendrix). I got mixed emotions about some of his later stuff, but I'd sure like to suck as hard as he does on guitar, and to have gotten sucked by the likes of some of the poontang he's had to settle for.

O' course, that last part is downright EXPENSIVE, so that brings us full circle to God in our time:

God = Money

So it is written, so it shall be.

Last edited by a moderator: