How about a Religion or Anti-Religion Thread?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can choose a ready guide

In some celestial voice

If you choose not to decide

You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears

And kindness that can kill

I will choose a path thats clear

I will choose free will

- peart

You can choose a ready guideIn some celestial voice

If you choose not to decide

You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears

And kindness that can kill

I will choose a path thats clear

I will choose free will

- peart
So freaking poetic, from the guy that brought you

"those that know whats best for us

must rise and save us from ourselves"

-one of my all time fav's!

If He is all powerful can God microwave food so hot even He couldn't eat ? You see I don't think these theologians are askin' the right questions!!!
Now that's funny :rolleyes:

So freaking poetic, from the guy that brought you

"those that know whats best for us

must rise and save us from ourselves"

-one of my all time fav's!

He pretty much covers all topics.

More on the subject:

Fools and thieves are well disguised

In the temple and market place

I don't have faith in faith

I don't believe in belief

You can call me faithless

I still cling to hope

And I believe in love

And that's faith enough for me

cthulhu.jpg

This works in this thread too :rolleyes:

Wiki

finally SOMEBODY who makes sense...

Well, so far lets recap. On the religion side of the posts we have covered (disparaged) several different religions, brought up weak hermeneutics for the genesis narrative, discussed monotheism vs polytheism, mentioned the obligatory war/killing which in effect is measuring a belief system by its abuses, not its tenants, and a few more I'm sure I missed.
It makes for pretty funny reading and makes me think we could have some more threads which are equally as much fun.

For example, lets start talking about how to diagnose and treat a myocardial infarction. Just jump in, please don't be put off by your own ignorance. You have a heart, right? The you should be qualified on the subject. You say you have not studied the the development of diagnostic methodologies? Well, go ahead and poke some fun at early mistakes that were made in the feild.

What about engineering? Let's discuss structural integrity under different types of stress. Hmm, you don't understand even basic physics huh? Well, you live in a house so you are qualified. Don't worry about strain mapping, weld modeling, residual stress, or any of that technical stuff. Why should trained and liscened engineers have all the fun?

So you don't have the foggiest concept of the history of doctrine? You don't understand the abuse of a belief system is not a grounds to evaluate it on, neither do you have a nuanced hermenutic which can properly adduce meaning from centuries old narrative, and other genres of ancient literature. Oops, did you know there were different genres of literature? Well what do you have? Ah, some cute quips and witty reparitee. Well, that qualifies you to discuss theology.

I guess we can pick any subject we have neither the background or training to discuss and just jump in with both feet, heck, I bet I can make up some plausible sounding trife in almost any subject.

Happy April FOOLS Day Indeed! :blink:
Please! science produces the knowlege that drives medicine engineering. Experts in these fields can talk based on fact. And even a dumbass like me can take an engineering issue like "how do breaks work?" (for example) and learn things like friction heat conductance bla bla bla... I can learn the facts about myocardial infarction and then i can discuss these issues as an educated individual. I suppose you just go to the doctor and say "it hurts" and do whaever the doctor tells you? Man of faith!

If i want to learn about your religion what can I do? Where are the facts? The only fact that you have to offer me is that you have some books and they are old? You say I cant measure the value of a religeon by the number of people who die as a result of its existance? Rather I have to measure it by what its followers were supposed to be doing (following the tenets) while they were out chopping off hand and feet in order "to save imortal soles"? fool me once...

But hey its April FOOLS day, I just wonder though... "let he who be without foolishness cast the first.." no no "if he chops off your face turn the other...." no wait a minute its comming to me... Ah yes "what the **** would Jesus do?"

PS you can have your faith but dont get holier than though on my ass!

Last edited by a moderator:
If He is all powerful can God microwave food so hot even He couldn't eat ? You see I don't think these theologians are askin' the right questions!!!
He does not exist, so the question is moot, as are all religions that waste everybody's time w/ this silly "salvation" idea.

And [SIZE=24pt]IF[/SIZE]there is a god and they are all "good and loving" why did he create Satan. Hell, look what that **** did to Job, just for an ego trip w/ satan.

If there is an omnipotent thing and he is supposedly everything that ancient drivel says he is...............why does he let babies die?! **** bullshit diety's, send me your 10% I can at least invest itand give you something back, besides empty dreams.

He does not exist, so the question is moot, as are all religions that waste everybody's time w/ this silly "salvation" idea.

And [SIZE=24pt]IF[/SIZE]there is a god and they are all "good and loving" why did he create Satan. Hell, look what that **** did to Job, just for an ego trip w/ satan.

If there is an omnipotent thing and he is supposedly everything that ancient drivel says he is...............why does he let babies die?! **** bullshit diety's, send me your 10% I can at least invest itand give you something back, besides empty dreams.
Can I get and "Ahmen brothers" :clapping:

Can I get a "Hallelujah" :yahoo:

...why does he let babies die?!

He has too. He's following the Prime Directive. Can't you just see him laughing his Godly head off?

When you light the fuse of a firecracker you don't stick your face right up to it to see what happens................

Flayal Flayton!

ALL YOU FUCKING NON-BELIEVERS ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!! I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I HAVE FOUND JESUS - HE'S RIGHT HERE

Jesus02.jpg

ALL YOU FUCKING NON-BELIEVERS ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!! I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I HAVE FOUND JESUS - HE'S RIGHT HERE
I'm not sure what I am disturbed at most: the face of Jesus in that dog's butt-hole, or that avatar with the fabric boner.

Um...... the latter. Sockpuppets with wangs are creepy.

:eek:

I'm not sure what I am disturbed at most: the face of Jesus in that dog's butt-hole, or that avatar with the fabric boner.

Um...... the latter. Sockpuppets with wangs are creepy.

:eek:
:ROLF: didnt see those