How fast will an FJR go?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already done 120. Not really ocifer. I'm going for higher. no i'm not ocifer.

Now that Motorgod, an LEO, has illegally baited us to exceed the speed limit we can argue ENTRAPMENT for our next speeding ticket. :p

Frickin Noobs......

GPS_Speed.JPG

Wow. Your speed is good for a noob.

gps.jpg

You guys really should be careful with this - remember - it wasn't until humans developed Warp drive that the Vulcans took notice - :dribble:

Definitively that is the fastest flogger on the planet, maybe in the universe. How did you get your FJR to go that fast? The acceleration and deceleration must have been in the zillion G range not to have up set the average up too much. Did it transmogrify. How were the farkles when it got back?

Talk about woooosh!
Barring the use of valmorphication, the only way to get a Ludicrous Speed, I mean Mmmmmmonster Speed Cobalt Blue FJR is to start with a Cobalt Red FJR and doppler shift it until it's broken in. That's all I'm sayin'. If I told you, I'd have to kill you, blah, blah, blah.

BTW - Slashdot says the Cloaking Device is imminent in weapons technology.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5016068.stm

You guys know how to read :blink: ....I didn't think anyone under 40 in the U.S. knew how to anymore :eek: ....I'm impressed :rolleyes: ....

Probably more /. geeks here than you realize...
I thought the Concours had an unfortunate following...

If it's not true, it's close to true - the FJR owners must be among the geekiest out there. Don't get me wrong; I love it. Any motorcyclist group that, as a whole, is capable of debugging a bike and advancing its state-of-the-art is alright with me. In fact, it's precisely sites like this one that convinced me to buy an FJR in the first place.

The best aspect of reading FJRForum.com, IMO, is learning about the many alternatives others have tried toward improving the bike. I think it's being amazed by what others have done that keeps my mind open to the possibilities.

:D

If it's not true, it's close to true - the FJR owners must be among the geekiest out there. Don't get me wrong; I love it. Any motorcyclist group that, as a whole, is capable of debugging a bike and advancing its state-of-the-art is alright with me. In fact, it's precisely sites like this one that convinced me to buy an FJR in the first place.

The best aspect of reading FJRForum.com, IMO, is learning about the many alternatives others have tried toward improving the bike. I think it's being amazed by what others have done that keeps my mind open to the possibilities.
I admire your honesty Ari....guess I'm too old school...I rode everything out there....& liked the FJR the best so I ordered 1.....everything else was secondary to that....

I admire your honesty Ari....guess I'm too old school...I rode everything out there....& liked the FJR the best so I ordered 1.....everything else was secondary to that....
Well, there's that, too. I've never ridden a bike as good as the FJR. It's hard to imagine a better bike than the FJR. I feel the FJR is what the Goldwing was meant to become. The FJR is a touring bike that maintains the vital essence of an actual motorcycle soul. Plainly, it rocks.

Well, there's that, too. I've never ridden a bike as good as the FJR. It's hard to imagine a better bike than the FJR. I feel the FJR is what the Goldwing was meant to become. The FJR is a touring bike that maintains the vital essence of an actual motorcycle soul. Plainly, it rocks.
Nice to see that you don't have strong feelings on the subject ;)