How Many FJRs Are Out There???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some friends of mine and I do a fairly long trip every summer. This July we were through NM, CO, WY, MT, SD I remember seeing one FJR (ridden by a woman, the man she was with was on a BMW) now this is the first time I was thinking about FJRs (on this trip riding a V-Strom with a sidecar) so I probably just didn't notice on earlier trips. Anyway when I bought my FJR 2 months ago it was a 2007 the dealer was using technically as a demo. The sales manager was using as his personal bike - so 2600 miles, full warrantee, got for the used price. The "new" FJR on the showroom floor is an '09. This is cruiser country.

Hey FJR-ers!!! Due to this: https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/08/all...related-x-rays/ I had to go to Kennedy Space Center for the last week or so.

Guess what I saw???? A Gen 1 (the slow type of FJR, ya know....) in a parking lot adjacent to the VAB on KSC!!! It was silver and had a non-Yammy top case (probably a Givi, but I did not look), and no side bags. Anyone on here its pilot???

I am heading back for another week soon!! I love that place. Got a tour of OPF 1, Space Shuttle Atlantis' home. She was AWESOME!!!!

Hey FJR-ers!!! Due to this: https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/08/all...related-x-rays/ I had to go to Kennedy Space Center for the last week or so.
Guess what I saw???? A Gen 1 (the slow type of FJR, ya know....) in a parking lot adjacent to the VAB on KSC!!! It was silver and had a non-Yammy top case (probably a Givi, but I did not look), and no side bags. Anyone on here its pilot???

I am heading back for another week soon!! I love that place. Got a tour of OPF 1, Space Shuttle Atlantis' home. She was AWESOME!!!!
Caught a whiff off shuttle fuel, didja? :lol:

Caught a whiff off shuttle fuel, didja? :lol:
Well, Shuttle fuel (at least for the SSMEs, not the SRBs) is hydrogen and oxygen. I was right by the Atlantic ocean, so yeah, I sniffed Shuttle fuel..... WATER!!!!

That's what I do for a living. I know the X-ray guys at NASA. When they get swamped, they call me to send some of my guys to help get everything inspected on time.

You're right, that place is awesome!! :clapping:

So were you the FJR outside of the VAB??? There was a cool x-ray guy helping us out, his name was Paul. A USA guy. He had two Harleys and a Yammy (not an FJR, he was not THAT cool).

So were you the FJR outside of the VAB??? There was a cool x-ray guy helping us out, his name was Paul. A USA guy. He had two Harleys and a Yammy (not an FJR, he was not THAT cool).
Oh yeah, well, I saw two FJR's coming up from behind me on the 4 lane slab of TN 421 one fine day ...then we got to the tight stuff going over the mountain, and I didn't see them again until I stopped. :yahoo:

I'm STILL looking for the rare red one.

-R

I have seen exactly two FJR's in my lifetime, a 2010 at a dealership and the 09 that now resides in my garage. Other sport touring rigs are just as rare in this area.

SW Ohio is all about cruisers, in my experience.

I've seen a black Feej going east on the 105 fwy in L.A. most weekdays, I saw a silver Feej with Canada Plates parked at Dodger stadium at the Dogers/Cubs game last July, It had a thick layer of bugs all over the front so I am sure he/she was doing double time getiing down here to see the Dodgers crush the Cubs that weekend, DR
That be me. Anaheim to Redondo Beach and back. I really appreciate CalTrans putting in that motorcycle lane between the fast lane and the carpool lane!

I have had my FJR baby for a bit over a year now. In that time, I have only seen one other FJR on the road. That was Mike (Patriot) and we were riding together up to Mississippi, so I could not help but see him (thankfully, he did not have those shorts on with the flip flops!!!).
The other day I am on I-10 in New Orleans East and I spot one!!! I was in my cage and got sooooo damned excited. He was a 1/4 mile in front so I hurredly caught up so that I could get a look-see. DAMN!!! As I got closer, it became clear that this was not an FJR but a Kawasaki Concourse (or whatever that Kawa FJR wanna be is). The saddle bags fooled me from a distance.

So that got me thinking. Does any know the stats about how many FJRs have been sold in the USA? And what percentage of total bike sales that is? I don't think there are many here in southern Lousyana at all! I rode two hours or so today and must have seen 3 dozen Harleys and Hondas on the road, but just about nothing else.

I love my FJR, but it sure seems to be a well kept secret!!!

I live in Spokane County (400K people). I'd say there are no more than 5 or six that I've seen locally. my estimate might be low but not by much.

It's a very specialized bike and most guys I work with admit it's great but feel compelled to ride Harleys, BMW's, etc.

I just moved to the Denver area from Seattle. i saw two in Seattle, but I think I see at least 1 FJR mixed in with the thousands of Harleys on my way to work each day.

If you want to see a 2008 tomorrow morning ....... I will be crossing the Causeway from Metairiearound 7:30 in the AM to do about 300 miles on the twistys on the Northshore. Giddy up!

Most of them are parked at the rest home!!! Lol.

Sadly, I am at Kennedy Space Center on business. Zelda is parked, in my garage, missing me terribly....

When i owned a C-10 connie , i would say the same thing (don`t see many) but since i own my 07 FJR i see alot of them (besides the small groupof FJR`s i ride with) It`s funny how you said there was one 1/4 mile ahead & you CAUGHT up to him, of course it wasn`t an FJR (just sayin) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride mainly just north of Milwaukee, I see a growing # of them around town, freeway
Where you at? I'm in West Bend WI!

I ride mainly just north of Milwaukee, I see a growing # of them around town, freeway
Where you at? I'm in West Bend WI! :yahoo:

Right on !!!! Just a few minutes away in Grafton..... Time to schedule a ride I'm thinkin.....

2 Super cool GEN 1's - Ninja Style..... :assassin:

Last edited by a moderator:
When i owned a C-10 connie , i would say the same thing (don`t see many) but since i own my 07 FJR i see alot of them (besides the small groupof FJR`s i ride with) It`s funny how you said there was one 1/4 mile ahead & you CAUGHT up to him, of course it wasn`t an FJR (just sayin) :p

GOOD POINT!!! I had not thought of it that a way...