How many Motorcycles?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggon Rider

Reaction score
Ok so it's not Friday, but I'm going to post this anyway. :rolleyes:

It's a beautiful Sunny Sunday and I'm sitting at the computer, I ask myself why? Myself never gave me an answer.

What prompted the question is a post by FJRMaineiac:

"The upside to this story is that while I am waiting for my lovely wife to stop by the motorcycle shop to pick up the new battery, I dusted off the old '86 FJ1200 and took that to work today. It is still a great ride!"

So I got to thinking "How many motorcycles does one really need?"

I personally have one, and a Honda Oddssey dune buggie.

I had a Yamaha V-Star before the FJR and there are times I wish I still had the crusier just to cruise up and down the boulevard.

Yes I know I'm kidding myself, I sold the crusier because it couldn't keep up.

I have been looking in the papers at new Cruisers, but I'm not wealthly and I don't want to go deeper in debt, I would like to pay off what I owe before buying a new motorcycle, but when that new bike bug bits you the fever starts.

So how many bikes do you have and why?

1 at a time.

And yes, I miss my last bike (speed triple) every now and again...and as soon as I figure out just where I'm going to store the thing, I will get a Ural. Just because.

Ok so it's not Friday, but I'm going to post this anyway. :rolleyes: It's a beautiful Sunny Sunday and I'm sitting at the computer, I ask myself why? Myself never gave me an answer.

"The upside to this story is that while I am waiting for my lovely wife to stop by the motorcycle shop to pick up the new battery, I dusted off the old '86 FJ1200 and took that to work today. It is still a great ride!"

I had a Yamaha V-Star before the FJR and there are times I wish I still had the crusier just to cruise up and down the boulevard.

I have been looking in the papers at new Cruisers, but I'm not wealthly and I don't want to go deeper in debt, I would like to pay off what I owe before buying a new motorcycle, but when that new bike bug bits you the fever starts.

Six total, four with tags on and two down for rebuild. On the road are: '07 FJR, '93 GSX1100G, '86 GL1200I, and '85 Madura. Down for rebuild are: '83 XS650 and '68 X-6. They are all different, with their own distinct personalities, and they are all a blast to ride. If I had a bigger garage, I don't know where it would end.

"How many motorcycles does one really need?"

well, this is a dream, but six:

'07 Feejer

'00 Vulcan 750 cruiser

'09 GL1800 nav

'05 HD Screamin Eagle V-Rod 1250

'09 HD XR1100

'09 Beemer G650GS

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

I got 2, can't (won't) sell my 800A as I put many many aftermarket parts on it. Is nice to ride around town and keeps the mileage down on my feejer. Also I really apreciate the feejer when I ride it! If'n I had the money I would get a adventure bike. croutch rocket, naked, enduro, dirt bike etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 1. I need about 15. But not till the lottery comes in.

That's the teenage definition of "need," which of course actually means "want."

I need about 15. But not till the lottery comes in.
I never understood why anyone would need more than one motorcycle... I know now. :lol:

I currently have four... the Trophy, SV650 (up for sale), Ninja 250 (for my daughter), and the newly acquired FZ1. Another m'cycle would be a million dollar purchase... cause I'd have to buy the house with the bigger garage!! :lol:

Three, right now. My '06 FJR, the '87 FJ1200, and the '76 DT250. Which is two more than my wife thinks I need.

Just took the FJ to a dental appointment on friday. Man, it feels like such a tiny bike after riding the FJR. Hoping to ride the DT more when my son gets old enough to ride. Its street legal, but its a pain to dig out of the garage.

I have a 06 FJR and 08 KLR. Wished I still had my Honda Shadow cruiser for around the town cruising, a fast japanese 600 cc for track days, and a GL1800 for coast to coast trips.

Basically, although the FJR can handle all kinds of terrain, it is nice to have bikes like my KLR that handle specific purposes like all dirt road exploring trips.

Honda CL 100

Honda CL 350

Honda CB 500 Twin + a junk parts bike

Yamaha TT500

Honda CB 750 semi chopped

Honda 700 intercepter

Suzuki 1500 Intruder

2004 FJR

I can only afford to keep the FJR running. (maybe the economy will comr back someday???)

I have two. The FJR is great, but somtimes I get neo old skool with my "00 -ZRX 1100. Hard to beat the sound of the kerker 4 into one.

For now I have 3 and a 4-wheeler

2002 ZRX 1200,

1999 ZRX 1100 (soon to be parted out),

2007 CRF 100 (my son's),

2003 Bear Tracker (my wife's).

As Time, Money and garage space become available I want a

FJR, Ninja 250 (for my Son), FZ1 and a Tour Deluxe or a Road King. B)

One. It shares the three stall garage with the wife's A4, and my FJ Cruiser and Corvette. No more space, and really no more time to drive/ride anything else.

Ok so it's not Friday, but I'm going to post this anyway. :rolleyes: It's a beautiful Sunny Sunday and I'm sitting at the computer, I ask myself why? Myself never gave me an answer.

currently i needi need 5-------- 2 chop job shovelheads------ 1turbozx14--------1ninja250---------1fjr1300---------- next week i may need more or less :yahoo:

Hmmm, where do I start? You can only ride one at a time, but I have 4--

My beloved 08 FJR- this is my go everywhere, all day bike!

05 Honda CR50- I use this one to get the mail, I hate walking up the hill to get the mail, garbage cans, I know I'm lazy.

02 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior- She's one sexy machine, especially in red. I have all the accessories you can think of, and she's fully paid for, I might give it to my brother, just to keep her in the family.

01 Yamaha Wr250f- I call this one my convertible, cuz I bought motard wheels for it. On any given day, I could ride dirt or street, I just need an hour to change wheels. It really does both jobs well, so I can't say which I prefer, but it's a great wheelie machine!

In all honesty I cannot say I have a favorite, they all bring a huge smile to my face, for different reasons. Also I don't think I'm done collecting bikes, it seems like when I finish paying for one bike, I buy another! I've never bought a new car, but I'll always buy a new bike, I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT!!!!!!! :bye: