How many Motorcycles?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two, the FJR and a dual sport Honda Transalp I just finished restoring. But I need one more, a smaller trail bike for hunting, I had a TW200, but sold it, and I'm sorry I did.

Currently: 6 in the garage

06 FJR

2 - 06 Honda CRF150F (Wife and daughters)

01 - Honda XR 100

02 - Honda XR 70

01 - GasGas EC 300 (with license plate)

Recently sold:

99 - ZRX1100

96 - XR 200

01 - 650 XL

95 - RS250R road racer (fastest bike I have ever owned)

Always looking for another.

Three, right now. My '06 FJR, the '87 FJ1200, and the '76 DT250. Which is two more than my wife thinks I need.
Just took the FJ to a dental appointment on friday. Man, it feels like such a tiny bike after riding the FJR. Hoping to ride the DT more when my son gets old enough to ride. Its street legal, but its a pain to dig out of the garage.
FJ's got teeth? WOW!

Haves:

'05 FJR

'98 VFR

'73 R60/5

Needs:

I need the first two and will never sell either.

The BMW will likely be sold this spring.

Because I need more bikes.

I've always heard that motorcycles are like women: If you have a good one, 1 is all you need but you still can't help looking at others.

Anything more is just additional maintenance & upkeep.

I have four that are licensed. My '08 FJR, my '06 FZ1, my '03 Honda 919, and an '01 XT225. I'm restoring an example of the first bike I owned, a candy yellow 1972 Honda CT70H. I have 99% of the parts, all painted pieces are done, NOS chrome or rechromed pieces, zero mileage rebuilt engine. I just have to find the time to assemble it.

I currently have the FJR (commuter. long distance trips) and a YFZ quad (dunes, my first love, and the best dune vehicle I have ever owned!). I am looking for a dual sport bike (most likely plating a WR450, unless Yamaha brings the Tenere over in the near future) since we have a lot of mountains around Vegas, but far fewer paved roads than I was used to in SoCal.

I've always heard that motorcycles are like women: If you have a good one, 1 is all you need but you still can't help looking at others.

That quote sounds like some woman talking there! :unsure:

I agree that motorcycles are like women, but you need a whole bunch of them because no two are exactly alike and they each have their strong points and weaknesses. While one may be great in the bedroom, you need another one that can cook and clean and another that looks good on your arm at parties. :rolleyes:

Same thing for bikes. You just can't live happily without one. But then when you do have one, even a great one, you start lusting after all the other ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
hehehe need and want, well, now i have the 07' fjr and a06 gxr1000, and the oldie is my 1995 cb1000 honda, wont sell it. toooo many extries on her. what i wood love to have is a old 73 kawi ltd1000. sick bike for its time. had my fingers on one about 8 years ago but i wouldnt give up my 1st born or the pickup,.... needless to say, still be lookin :dribble:

Have- 1 06 FJR (wife will only allow one bike in the garage)

Want- at least 1 more:

09 Hypermotard

I agree that motorcycles are like women, but you need a whole bunch of them because no two are exactly alike and they each have their strong points and weaknesses. While one may be great in the bedroom, you need another one that can cook and clean and another that looks good on your arm at parties. :rolleyes:

Same thing for bikes. You just can't live happily without one. But then when you do have one, even a great one, you start lusting after all the other ones.
I didn't say I agree...it's just something I've heard.

At 31, I think I'm closer to finding the one good motorcycle than the one good woman.

That's precisley why i have more bikes, because i can only have 1 woman! I eventually want to own an FJR - but it demands a bit more money than i can afford at this time, so just last weekend I bought a '92 Honda ST1100 for $2000 w/ 68K miles, 1 owner, mint.

My stable:

'92 Honda ST1100

'08 Suzuki M50- Boulevard

'84 Honda VF700 Sabre- V45

'06 Suzuki Burgman 400

The last two are for sale in central NJ, but the sequence of purchase is from last to first.

There are way too many bikes i would love to ride and try out... eventually own, and i just took up riding in May of last year!

:drinks:

05 FJR, 09 SV, 01 DR and an XR 100 for wrenching. Running low on potential feejer farkles.

1 More. I always want one more than I have.
I like Malve's answer!

Right now, I have three that are mine, all mine and the option to ride Andy's four (not including the two project bikes).

My bikes

03 FJR1300

09 G650GS (Traded my Ninja 650R about a week ago)

TTR125

His bikes,

09 1200GS (Traded his K1200S a couple of months back).

02 RTP1150

03 Road Star Warrior

WR250

Depending on point of view, we have either the best or worst situation; we're co-dependent bike collectors. When one of us hankers after a new bike, there will be lots of encouragement since it will probably mean two new bikes. We'll never be rich, or debt free but we will havea lot of motorcycles.

The FJR is a need. More than one bike is a luxury limited only by money and garage space.

I told my wife if it was between my car and my motorcycle, I would sell the car. That would mean my only cage choice on cold/wet days would be a junker pickup. Luckily, I can afford to keep the car for now.