How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
58 ride solo about 70% I would like to have my wife ride with me more since the is the best co pilot I have ever had. Except for dragging the pegs a little sooner you would never know she is back there.

As of right now.... over 45 under 50... Those other FeeJ dudes R old! I'm just a kid... kinda
No Pillion, but my youngest daughter is now showing interest though. I had to take her to Home Depot and Costco on the bike today, she just had to ride today. Maybe she'll come with me on future SoCal rides.

45, no pillion...or ever will be
Barb - Never say never.... err or ever....

I'm 59 and my high school sweatheart just a coulps less. I try to get the old chick up behind me as often as she would like. We're kind of a team with the bike. But I would say it's rode about 90% of the time by me alone. The one thing that sucks when she's on the back is the wierd air from behind that twists my head around. I sometimes ride with my head on my shoulder, so i have to lower the wind shield and kill more bugs with my face shield.

Share the time with your wife it's the right thing to do, besides you get her to press her boobs in your back.
av-13106.jpg

If THAT'S what's pressing in your back, how do you keep your mind on driving??? :ph34r:
That's not a Pillion, that's a blessing!

49 and never.. She's got her own.
Bust - U don't look a day over 60! U da man!
52 100% solo

22 and 95% solo, but still looking for that permanent pillion. :blink:
Dude...take it from someone with a little more "life experience."
Keep looking.................at least about 10 more years. :)
+1
+2. Me thinks kissing a few more frogs will help you more appreciate the eventual mate.

46 48 And no more , the wife quit on me. But thats ok now I can take the corners faster!!! :rolleyes:
Edited to fit.

av-13106.jpg
If THAT'S what's pressing in your back, how do you keep your mind on driving??? :ph34r:
That's not a Pillion, that's a blessing! farkle.
Fixed.

30 and I d say 80/20 wish it was more with the pillion but having three kids under 6 make that kinda hard (5 year old daughter and twin 13 month old boys)

59, wife occassionaly rides. Don't know she is back there till she hits my helmet. She is 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be 37 in a couple of weeks. Never ridden with a passenger, on any motorcycle, much less the FJR. I've only been riding for about 4 years now, so am not sure I'm ready to even try a passenger, especially since my GF isn't an experienced passenger either.

Age here 63, and the wife thinks bikes are mostly designed for organ donors. But she knows I enjoy them.

Gary in Fairbanks

Last edited by a moderator:
42 & bring the wife along around 15 to 20% of the time.

Actually thinking of going on a bit of a diner crawl - found a list of restaurants from Diners, Drive Ins & Dives and may start checking places out within 2 or 3 hours of northern Jersey. She's a foodie! B)